Chapter 10: The Spider's Web

Start from the beginning

"Listen, Limario. I'll head on out to buy some take out for dinner. Chinese sound good for you? I'll try to pick up some prepaid phone or something for you to use. I'm sure you'd need to make a few calls to people who can help you and using mine might attract attention from the cops."

"Y-yeah. Sure. Thanks Jeongyeon. And thanks for replacing my phone." Lisa then replied, remembering how Jeongyeon asked her if she still had it on her while riding on her motorcycle. When Lisa said yes, Jeongyeon asked for it immediately. Lisa was hesitant about the idea of having Jeongyeon on the road on a motorcycle and be on her phone but she nevertheless relented. As soon as she handed her phone to Jeongyeon, she tossed it away to the side of the road as they took a turn at a dark corner road. Lisa watched as some care crush it into tiny bits as it ran over the device. She wanted to be mad about it but Jeongyeon explained the obvious.

They could track her if she ended up using it.

Lisa was still wary of what was happening, but if anything, Jeongyeon definitely proved to her that she could trust her.

Lisa wasn't sure what she wanted to do just yet, what she should even do. A part of her was still grieving for what she had lost, for what she had failed to do, but she knew she had to figure out what exactly was happening and get some answers.

Somehow Lisa knew that this wasn't the end just yet.

She'll only lose once she gives up the fight.

And like hell would she be giving up anytime soon.

Pretty much the every single one of the local networks still flashed periodic news updates regarding the search of one Lisa Manoban who was currently the prime suspect for her father's murder.

So far, what they knew was that the victim was stabbed with a kitchen knife and bled out to death.

Just their luck, as they were about to make a breakthrough with this case, their one and only lead was killed.

And no, Tzuyu didn't believe that the daughter killed Dr. Manoban . Neither do her colleagues Park Jihyo, a private investigator, and Myoi Mina, aspiring journalist, believed that to be true.

Chou Tzuyu was a special agent in the FBI. She got interested in a seemingly unrelated cases of kidnappings in murders about three years ago when she ran into her old college friends, Mina and Jihyo. From what the two told her, both their fathers had been digging deeper into the truth behind the tangled web of lies that separated these cases and let the true mastermind get away scot free.

Jihyo's father had been a detective at the Because  Police Department at the time he was framed for killing Mina's father, a journalist

Jihyo's father had been a detective at the Because Police Department at the time he was framed for killing Mina's father, a journalist. Det. Park, from what Jihyo had shared with Tzuyu, had been clearing out old case records - as a punishment for something, or so Jihyo claimed, during his earlier years in the force for always being so overly enthusiastic - when he stumbled upon a few select ones that just happened to have the same story. Believing that it couldn't possibly be a coincidence, he contacted his good friends, Mr. Myoi and Dr. Manoban , who back then, had been writing short stories on a mystery and suspense publication in town and have even been tapped into offering his view on a few cases the police department were trying to crack Because of his keen eye for details.