Chapter 7: Refuge

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you wanna..." Lisa replied, taking her headphones off without a hesitation and offering it to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung gingerly took the pair of headphones from her and carefully placed them on her own ears. Chaeyoung smiled, bright and warm, as soon as she heard the music playing - and oh God, Lisa never through she'd never see Chaeyoung ever smile in the way that she used to during brighter days - looking at Lisa with a questioning gaze.

"Where did you find these? They're pretty amazing. Original song right? Who's the DJ who made them? I don't think I've heard them on the radio before."

Lisa gave a smug smile, feeling a bit of pride. "Glad you like my work." she then replied and Chaeyoung looked at her surprised.

"Wow, didn't realize you've got talent like this, Manoban." Chaeyoung noted. "A bit conceited listening to your own work though, don't you think?"

Lisa shrugged. "I like remembering the things that inspired me to make them." she then said and Chaeyoung once again gave her a questioning look but Lisa chose not to answer.

She was rather thankful Chaeyoung didn't push her for more info either as they were all rather personal.

And some of the song may or may not have been inspired by Lisa's pinning on Chaeyoung with her stupid crush and all.

But while the answers did stay hidden for now, Chaeyoung's question did give Lisa an idea.

A bit of research to make sure the place she had in mind was still open in the middle of winter led Lisa to her decision the next day. Thankful for having to catch Chaeyoung just as they headed for their music class, she decided that she wasn't going to waste her opportunity to ask the redhead her question.

However, Seungri just had to have been carrying some weird type of oriental instrument into the classroom for a bit of show and tell that Chaeyoung and Lisa ended up having to help him to set it up instead as soon as they settled their stuff on their seats. Lisa decided to just catch up and ask Chaeyoung on the way home instead, in case things end up interrupting her chances again.

While the rest of the class actually turned out to be interesting, it still ended up in a bit of drama. Lisa wasn't really sure what the hell Momo's problem was but just before class ended, she made it a point that her wallet was missing and blamed Chaeyoung for it.

"Why on earth would Chaeyoung even try and do that? She would never do such a thing!" Lisa instantly reacted as soon as she insinuated it. Chaeyoung looked at her stunned with Lisa's sudden outburst, but to Lisa, just Because Chaeyoung was alienating herself doesn't mean people get to do stupid things like this. "If anything, I'd say it's rather suspicious you're dead set in thinking Chaeyoung did it."

Chaeyoung checked her bag before tossing the wallet back to Momo, her jaw set tightly as she glared back. But before Momo could say anything, Jennie pointed out that since Seungri asked everyone to step up and give playing the instrument a try anyone could have decided to play the prank. That's when Seungri stepped in and diplomatically handled everything else, asking both Momo and Chaeyoung to stay a bit after class to talk to them about the whole scene.

"What the hell is her problem?" Lisa fumed as soon as they stepped out of the classroom.

"Maybe she's jealous of Chaeyoung? I don't know. They used to be friends." Sehun offered as an explanation.

"I think I might have an idea." Dahyun replied, sounding a bit bummed. "Momo isn't so bad you know, people just do irrational things when, well..."