Fourteen.

14. VILLAIN

——

By the time Y/n decided to call it a day, it was already 10:30 pm. She sighed looking back at the canvas on the floor.

It was a portrait of Sanzu which was drenched with red paint. She doesn't know herself why she's still troubling herself to fix the painting even though she has the 'real' person with her.

A single glance was what she gave her wall clock before she clicked her tongue, pushing herself up and stretching her arms.

Y/n wasn't a bit sleepy nor tired. She feels relaxed in all fairness.

Attracted by the moonlight seeping through her unlocked window, she walked right to it, pushing it open.

The moon was looking back at her illuminating her face together with the stars. A little smile curved on her lips, only one person etched on her mind.

"Haru."

The morning came without noticing it, the female didn't even get to have a wink of sleep. In fact, she spent the night staring at the moon and creating superficial scenarios inside her head.

As she was going down the stairs to eat breakfast, her phone vibrated on her hand. She quickly looked at it and it was her father.

Her eyebrows twitched, she knew what he was about to say. She's scared. Even though she told herself that she's prepared to face the consequences of her actions, she's still afraid- she's still a person.

"What do you want?"

"Y/n, my daughter," her father's voice was hoarse, not a bit of cruelty. Maybe he's still grieving.

Yet Y/n thought they both deserved it, probably. For all the pain he caused her and her mother, it's still not enough.

"It's time for you to tell me the truth," his voice almost broke, "Tell me and I'll save you, okay?"

Inevitably, her tears slid down her cheeks. There seems to be a lump stuck on her throat.

"You killed Sakura, didn't you?"

"..."

"The investigation is over, Y/n, and you're the only person they're pointing at. Why did you do that? I didn't raise you to be like this."

At this moment, the fragile woman was slowly breaking like a glass yet she held her ground firm. Wiping the river of tears, she answered back. "No, father, you didn't raise me at all. I hate her. I hate her so much that's why I killed her."

Since she was young, her mother taught her so well to never admit to things she didn't do, though right now she couldn't help but do things against her mother's teaching.

Well, what choice does she have but to protect the man she loves?

There was an eerie silence between the lines before she heard her father gasping, "Then turn yourself in before they come haunting you down."

She chuckled, looking up to prevent another flow of tears, "Over my dead body."

-

When Y/n's heels met the tiles of her art gallery, the same familiar click, clack of the metal echoed on the quiet building. But rather than get intimidated, the employees were now looking at her with either pity or disgust.

Those judging eyes.

She chose to ignore them even if she could feel how her stomach turned and head spin. For now, she has to tell Sanzu what happened, she has to tell him to run away or else she'll drag him with her.