| f o r t y - o n e |

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, Minho."

———————————————————————

February 15 | Saturday. 7:03 am

'Seunghee, we'd like you to move in with us. We found a new house and it's not big as what we had in Busan, but it is big just for all of us.'

'We just don't want you to struggle anymore. You've been struggling mentally, how can you even manage to struggle financially?'

Seunghee sighed in frustration as she recalled the words that left her aunt's lips the night before, making her bury her face into the palm of both of her hands. "But that's life." Seunghee could only muffle through her hands.

Shrugging that thought off, for now, she lifted her head to check her phone once more, still waiting for Hyunjae to respond.

"She's probably still asleep." The girl finally guessed.

Seunghee's hands made their way to grab the post-it note that was stuck on her wall.

"3,310,862" Seunghee nodded to herself and sighed. "Of course, I should work first." She then stretched her arms before repeating the words. "I should work first." She then grabbed her notepad and jacket before getting up from her seat.

Suddenly, the sound of her ringtone emits from her phone, causing the girl to halt her steps and grab the phone.

"phone call"

"Hello?" Seunghee immediately answered.

Seunghee heard soft breathing from the other side of the line as she stepped out of her compartment, closing the door behind her.

When she realized that no one answered, the girl stared at her phone to check the number once again then placed it back on her ears.

"Sorry, is this the center? Or are you-." The girl immediately took her phone away from her ear, just a few inches off, thinking that it could just be another spam call.

"Seungseung."

"Sorry?"

"It's Jisung."

"Oh," Seunghee placed the phone back on her ears as she then continued her steps towards the elevator, a smile forming on her lips. "Jisung, hi! How did you get my number- shit I don't think I even saved yours yet I-."

"It's fine. I got it from Sunwoo. " He gulped as she hummed— the atmosphere in the call suddenly turning into silence. "Is something wrong?"

"Sorry, I didn't disturb your sleep right?"

"No, not at all."

"I'm at the airport." His voice lowered.

"Huh? Isn't your flight like on Monday?"