Scenario: Nine Taisho Pillars

---
(Chapter 14-15 extra scenario)

At Y/n's training area in the mountain, the Pillars watch as Y/n practice the forms of Breath of Wind using wooden sword.

It has been years since they been guiding the young Tomioka to get stronger and become a skillful swordsman. Now, he's training on his own and focus on mastering the Breathing techniques.

"What an hard working young one. Does he remind you of Tanjiro? Tomioka-san." The Insect Hashira glances at the Water Hashira beside her.

"It surprises me that he's capable of using more than one Breathing techniques." Flame Hashira, Kyojuro says with a smile.

"I'm kinda sad he couldn't do my Breath of Love because he won't be having a whip sword like mine!" Love Hashira, Mitsuri cried out. 

"As long as he's able to go up against the enemies he'll face. Especially the Upper ranks." The Stone Hashira, Gyomei.

"Kanroji, thanks to your flexibility training, Y/n's reflexes are amazing." The Serpent Hashira, Obanai says.

"Really? Then I'm happy for that!" Mitsuri chirped causing Shinobu to chuckled.

"Try again! Put up more strength for the ninth form or you wouldn't be able to knock your opponents! Unleash a powerful gust of wind with it!" The Wind Hashira, Sanemi yelled at young one.

"R-right!" 

"Shinazugawa-san, ease up with him." Shinobu says.

"It's alright Ma'am." Y/n reassured her before he went back to training. "I swear I'll master the Breath of Wind."

Sanemi smirked, "That's right! I like your guts kid! You better master it and beat those villains with it!"

"Whoa. Looks like Shinazugawa is stealing your descendant." The Sound Hashira, Tengen glanced at Giyuu. "I wonder... Who's Y/n's favourite Hashira?"

Tengen's question caught the rest of the Pillars attention. 

Meanwhile, The Mist Hashira, Muichiro went to Y/n and Sanemi. Telling them that it's his turn to train Y/n with Breath of Mist.

"Oh right, why did I even bother asking. It's obvious I'm his favourite. The God of Festival." Tengen proudly stated, which cause the others have an irk.

---

"Echolocation?" Y/n tilt his head.

"That's right. You should learn that technique." Tengen says.

Y/n look down on the ground while gripping on his hakama pants. "But, I don't have heightened sense of hearing like you."

Tengen crouches down at Y/n and pats his head. "It's alright. That's why I'm going to teach you. Leave it to your flamboyant master!"

A smile slowly form in Y/n's mouth and a hint of small sparkles in his eyes.

"But most importantly, you must have three flamboyant wive-" Tengen immediately shut his mouth when he saw Shinobu. 

---

"He cherished my flamboyant advices. I'm sure he'll have more wives than mine. Y/n will become the most flamboyant hero!" He laughed after that.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Sanemi asked as he approached them.

"Uzui-san, don't you dare influence a family member of mine with your polygamy." Shinobu said with a carefree smile, hiding her irritation.

"And how can you be so sure that you're his favourite?"

Tengen nervously looks at Shinobu until Kyojuro spoke up, "I don't mind if I'm not Young Y/n's favourite! As long as he's trained well under my care and able to master Breath of Flame!"

---

"You're doing an amazing job, Y/n my boy!" Kyojuro applaud as Y/n panted after performing some of the Breath of Flame forms.

"But... I still couldn't do the Ninth form. Is it really okay?"

"Without a doubt! No need to rush things my boy! Because it also took me years to fully master it.

I'm sure somewhere in the future. You'll be able to do the Ninth form too." Kyojuro proudly stated, holding the young Tomioka's hands. Y/n smiles at him.

---

"Oh really? Like you just didn't asked Y/n to eat more Tempura so that his hair color will change like yours?" Uzui asked, making Kyojuro stiffened.

"That goes for you too Kanroji!" Tengen points at the nervous Love Hashira.

"Ehhh? But! I wanted to see how little Tomioka look like if he had the same hair as mine!" Mitsuri exclaimed. "You wouldn't mind that, right Tomioka-san?"

Giyuu could only look dumbfounded at the Love Hashira but at the same, he tried to imagine how Y/n will look like if he had Kyojuro's or Mitsuri's hair color. "Could leave my descendant alo-"

"Mitsuri, I think black hair suits Y/n well." Shinobu says. 

"Tsk! You guys talking about that kid's favourite. Didn't you see him working his ass up to master my Breath of Wind!" Sanemi shouted.

"I hate say this but, the reason why he's working so hard to master is because he's afraid of you." Obanai stated.

"Namu." Gyomei nodded. "He's right. You scared a poor innocent soul."

"What? No I'm not!"

---

"What the hell was that?! You expect your enemy will defeated with that lame slash?!" 

"Oi brat! It's time for you to master the Breath of Wind already!"

"Shinazugawa, please ease up with him(my descendant)." Giyuu said as he confronted Sanemi with little Y/n hiding behind him.

"Shut up. I'm trying to turn your fragile descendant into a tough swordsman."

"Descendant?" Y/n asked, tilting his head causing the two adults to froze up.

"It's nothing Y/n. Don't think about it."

---

The Pillars continue to argue which of them are the young Tomioka's favourite, while Gyomei silently watch them.

Muichiro stare at them from a far with Y/n.

"Uh, Kasumi Hashira, why are they arguing?" Y/n asked.

"Nothing you should concern about." Muichiro said as he pat Y/n's shoulder then he move his hand to pat his head.

"I'm your favourite right?"

Y/n nodded, "Yeah. You're the best."

Muichiro smiled in pure bliss. "Change your name into Tokito."

"Eh?"

"Nothing. You're my best Tsuguko."

---