Chapter 15

Yay! It's chapter 15! :D Anyway, sorry it took so long to upload. It's been very busy and...confusing for me, but it is no more! Now, I know this chappy is incredibly short, but chapter 16 is nearly completed. Plus, this chapter could possibly explain some things, or set in a wary mood. e.e... Oh, and I changed the honeymoon from "Milan" to "Bora Bora." Alright, you can read it now. ^-^

COLLIN

I had to smile when Sam stuck her tongue out at me, slamming the door on her way out. I’ve never met a girl like her before, and she never ceases to amaze me with her attitude. I have to admit, I nearly cracked when she did the pouty face, but there was no way I would let her drive my most favorite car for a whole week. She’ll probably total it in a day; I can’t imagine what could happen in a week. I knew giving her the keys to my car was going to be the biggest mistake I’ve ever made. But it was worth it. She may have been pissed that I wouldn’t let her keep it, but I knew she was still happy with a day.

I wandered over to the wall of windows in the dining room, looking down at the traffic-filled streets of New York. I spotted the Lamborghini speeding out of the parking garage, the driver carelessly and roughly taking a sharp turn onto the road, tires screeching. I groaned with regret and let my head fall against the window. I actually started to laugh as she sped away, her hand shooting out the window to flip off the honking, angry people behind her. She was incredibly reckless. At least the car was insured.

I felt my cellphone vibrating in a pocket of my jeans. I dug it out and pressed talk without even checking the caller ID. I already knew it was my temporary employee. “Delatorre.”

“Sir, she’s left the building,” Gwen—a watchful eye I hired—said through the phone. “And…it looks like she might’ve…taken your Lamborghini.” She sounded hesitant to say it, probably thinking I would get pissed off. I had a small urge to screw with her, but I decided not to.

“I know,” I replied with a sigh. “Just let her go.”

“What? I could follow her—”

            “I said let her go.” It came out a little snappier than I’d wanted. “For now, focus on Jonathan Cappello.”

            I heard a light sigh through the phone. I knew she wanted to argue, but she never did. “Yes, sir. I understand.”

            I hung up and threw the phone on the glass table of the dining room. I was worried about Sam, but I had other things to focus on. Today is my first day of the CEO life, and it is going to kick ass. I know what you’re thinking: what kind of twenty-one-year-old would want that much work and responsibility and enjoy it? Well, I don’t enjoy it. In fact, I fucking hate it. But I don’t mind it. If it means putting my father out of the equation, I’m completely content with the idea. The company has had the worst downfall of its existence because of him, and over something so stupid and priceless. It was pride. His pride mattered more than family or even asking for help. With things continuing the way they are, we’re sure to go bankrupt. But now that I’m CEO, he’ll have to watch the company prosper and know that his most hated son is the one behind the wheel. The look of hatred and jealousy on his face when that day comes will be the completion of my life.

            I changed into an Armani suit and tie and took the Audi to the company, located near Time Square. I felt a small smirk slip onto my face as I approached my new office. When I opened the door, I saw my father stood in the center of it. This made my smirk grow even more pronounced.

            “Saying goodbye?” I had to say it. It felt like I was finally winning and it was the perfect time to rub it in.

            His head turned to me, a scowl taking over his features. “I’d watch yourself, son,” he warned, going toward the door. “I can still punish you in other ways.”