Both Joanna and Thomas were devastated, neither of the knew how to cope with this lost. Soon, Tom started to ignore her and her twins, starting drinking (which he never did before) and started getting angry.

One night, Joanna and Thomas had a big fight, causing the man to storm out of the house and drive off. Jo stayed up for hours waiting for him to come but he never did. Around three in the morning, there a knock at the door and two offices stood on her porch.

Thomas died in a fatal car accident. He had died on impact. Jo was destroyed, refusing to leave her bed and letting Molly and Arthur take care of her twins.

With time, Joanna healed and got back in mother mode. She loved Thomas, don't her wrong, but he was never the one. There was always something missing, a piece of her heart was always missing.

And it was Remus. Remus John Lupin had her heart tied to him and there is nothing anyone could do to break that tie. And when Joanna found out Remus was teaching at Hogwarts, she knew she had to see him.

When she did, it was like a fire ignited in her. The same love she thought she lost came rushing back. Her beautiful Remus. Her soulmate.

"J-Jo, you don't have to do this." Remus murmured with pain laced in his voice. "I don't want you to see me like this."

Joanna shook her head, tears peeked from her lashes and cleared her throat. "Shh, Rem, I've seen you like this before. I'm not leaving. Ever. And I'm helping you weather you like it or not."

Remus looked at the woman through his lashes. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." She replied, clearing his wounds. She paused, looking up at him. "And I love you. Always have and always will, and I will repeat it until our deaths." The wounded man opened his mouth to say something when she cut him off. "No, don't. You don't have to say it. I just wanted you to know."

"Say it again." Remus asked, his eyes glossy.

Jo smiled softly. "I love you, Remus Lupin."

***

Diana hurried towards Remus's office after that morning when she was told that he was leaving. Once at the office, she pushed it open and looked around. He had already packed most of his things with the help of Joanna, who went back to the Burrow.

The grindylow's empty tank stood next to his battered old suitcase, which was open and nearly full. Remus was bending over something on his desk and looked up only when Diana knocked on the door.

"I saw you coming," Remus said, smiling. He pointed to the parchment he had been leaning over. It was the Marauder's Map. "I've looked worse."

"You've been fired," Diana said in disbelief.

Remus shook his head. "No, No. I resigned."

"Why?" She asked, watching him pack the rest of his belongings.

Remus sighed. "Seems that somebody let slip the nature of my condition. This time tomorrow, the owls will start to arrive. And parents will not want a—well someone like me teaching their children."

"Like a werewolf. I don't care that you're a werewolf, Remus." Diana said, standing in front of his desk. "You're the best Defense teacher we ever had. You can't leave."

Remus looked at the girl with a sad smile. "I do appreciate that, Ana. But others don't. Dumbledore has already risked enough on my behalf, besides people like me...well, let's just say that I'm used to it by now."

Remus waved his wand and magically closed his trunk as Diana felt sadness burn in her stomach. "Why do you look so miserable, Ana?"

Diana tilted her mouth. "Because you were the first teacher—adult, besides my Mum and family, to give another thought about me. And now you're leaving."

She looked down as Remus came around the desk and stood in front of her. "Look at me, Ana." Diana looked up. "I'm always going to be here. You can owl me anytime you want, with any problem."

Diana nodded before she wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his stomach. "Thank you, Remus,"

Remus stared down at the young girl, fondly. "You're welcome, Ana. Anything for you."

***

The Hogwarts Express pulled out of the station the next morning, everyone walked through the barrier.  Hermione ran over to her parents, and Ron and Sam ran over to Joanna and the Weasleys.

Kodaline was dragged off by Nik, who didn't let her say goodbye. Diana and Harry went through the barrier after everyone and saw Harry's uncle waiting.

Diana turned to Harry. "See you in a few weeks?" she stuck out her pinky. Harry nodded and wrapped his pinky around hers, before pulling her into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you," Harry muttered into her hair.

Diana laughed. "We're going to see each other in a few weeks, Harry. And I'll miss you too."

They pulled apart when Uncle Vernon yelled for Harry. Harry sighed. "I better go. Bye Dia!"

"Bye Har!" She shouted as Harry ran over to his Uncle and got in the Muggle car. Diana watched him go with a grin.