The End

Raven exhaled nervously as she looked her reflection over in the mirror. Her dark hair contrasted against the white of her lace, making her violet eyes stand out vividly.

"You look positively beautiful Raven! Oh, your Naval husband-to-be will feel so bashful!" Linda sang.

Raven smiled and took her sister by the arm. It was just so nice to be with her like this again...

"Walk with me?" She asked.

"Of course! Who else will walk with you but I Raven? I am your maid of honor!" Linda proudly replied.

Raven shook her head with amusement and let her sister lead her down the hall of the church. Before her stood two large doors, which once opened, would lead her to an altar where Seth would be waiting.

Goodness, getting married to a Naval officer who pretended to be a pirate, but who actually used to be a mere street orphan. What an odd man she had come to love!

Love. Interesting that so strong a word could be felt in more than just one way. Love for one's family, for oneself, for one's partner, all so beautiful yet so different. It was a bit like life she supposed. For there were things she had enjoyed as an orphan, like escaping the pressure and greed of polite society, and things she enjoyed as Linda's sister, like never being alone, and things she enjoyed about being a couple, like coming to trust another with your heart and soul. There were so many ways to live, so many things one could be, yet for the first time Raven found herself feeling content with her lot in life.

As the large church doors opened, Linda and she walked slowly down the carpeted pathway. There were Naval officers and family members filling the chapel, but the once face she sought out was Seth's. He stood at the altar, watching her with a somewhat mischievous smirk.

Everyone paused their talking to give the ceremony their undivided attention. Raven finally made her way to her fiancé's arm, where they would then stand facing each other.

"My good people, these two wish to publicly make known their affections, and to bind themselves in holy matrimony." The pastor began.

After a bit of ceremonial talk, he then turned to Seth.

"Do you good sir, take this woman here to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Her fiancé shot her a playful wink as he spoke.

"My dear Raven has come to be a most fascinating and alluring acquaintance. I find myself thinking more of her than just a woman I rescued on the high seas. Before everyone here I do express my heartfelt desire to take her hand as my own. Indeed, I will marry her." He said softly.

Raven blushed at such an unplanned speech, though she should have expected something so embarrassing!

"For reference, a simple 'I do' will suffice." The pastor whispered.

Then he turned to her.

"And do you good lady, take this man here to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

She cast Seth a wryly smile. He would not get the only laugh today!

"Dear sir, when we stood stranded on an ocean island, I thought I would hate you forever. However, after providing a proper rescue, and proving yourself to be a gentlemanly sort of fellow, I do indeed see you as mildly charming. I accept your proposal."

Shocked gasps and excited giggles circled the room of guests. Seth just let out a light laugh as the pastor sighed.

"Young people these days..."

Then the man turned them both back towards the crowd.

"I now pronounce these two, husband and wife!"

Everyone erupted in clapping, and Linda let out a happy squeal. Raven went to give Seth a smile, but he quickly grabbed her by the waist and tipped her backwards in his arms.

"Congratulations princess, you're all mine now."

Then he leaned down with a kiss, finalizing the engagement in a most dramatic, yet romantic way.

*

In the end Raven chose to move out to the country, occupying one of Dashon's properties that Linda happily sold them. She enjoyed escaping the pressures of a most unforgiving and shallow society, much preferring this type of quiet life for herself and her future family.

Linda wrote her nearly every day, and when Seth ventured out on the high seas for work she came to visit. The two of them were like kids again, able to talk and play and run around together without any judgement from anyone.

After some months Raven had saved up some money from Seth's income, deciding to dedicate it towards her fellow orphans. Linda had Dashon invest a bit in it as well, and once a week she would return to the city to distribute the funds. The money helped feed hungry children, or buy them work commissions for a future career.

Indeed, things were as good as good they could ever get in Raven's mind. And to think it was all thanks to that wretched pirate of a man!

The End~