Bonus Chapter 11: Beating The Heat

The Underground World of Flames was now slightly cooler- and that was thanks to the gang's loose clothing, and especially that of Eis, who had gotten over his pyrophobia. "So how's life going for you, Mr. Glover?" Leo asked the firefighter as he wiped sweat off his brow. "Well, it's going great. And I never told anyone about this- but here's the reason I got Pyrophobia." Eis replied as they sat down. The Hydrac roared in the distance, and Eis shuddered a bit. "Be strong and brave. You've got this." Mei reassured.

"Thanks. Now by the way, the reason I got Pyrophobia is that my mama and my daddy were working in a laboratory- when suddenly, somebody was irresponsible enough to leave fire and chemicals out at the same time!" Eis explained. "And we all know what happens when fire meets chemicals." Emma said and gulped. "You guessed. It all went boom- my parents didn't even make it out alive! And I was 16 at the time- for that only made it worse." Eis replied, trying not to cry.

"I understand, Eis." Trisha Jane said. Suddenly, Leo appeared as an Airy Apollo, the cousin to Iron Apollo. "Lead the way, buddy!" Rebecca exclaimed as the gang hurried through the fiery valley. "And how's your nephew doing?" Mei asked as she helped Eis up. "He's doing fine. After all- he's now in 1st Grade- and I'm so proud of him!" Eis said proudly. But soon, they came to what appeared to be the opening to a volcano. "Oh no!" Eis replied.

"Eis, you're braver than you think, remember?" Mei asked as she lowered a rope down into the Caldera, where the Hydrac lay sleeping. "We can't wake him up, though!" Leo said as the gang slid down the rope, then let go once they hit the bottom. Noticing that he was surrounded entirely by lava and flames- Eis freaked out, and his screaming was enough to wake The Hydrac up! "GRAAAAGH!" The Hydrac yelled as he was awoken from his slumber.

"Time to make sure this beast goes back to its nap!" Leo said, becoming Water Blaster along with Eis. It was time for a heated battle! "Hey! Want a glass of water?" Leo asked as he spurted water into the beast's mouth. "Graaagh!!" The Hydrac went as it summoned boxes up. "Trisha Jane! You have to push those boxes so I can tame the beast!" Eis replied. "On it!" Trisha Jane said as she pushed the boxes in her Bulldozer form. "Thanks, guys!" Eis replied as he climbed the boxes... only to come face to face with The Hydrac.

"Easy, boy. Easy." Eis said as he scratched The Hydrac's chin, as if he thought it were a pet. "Graaagh?" The Hydrac asked as it looked at Eis, then shrunk down to pet size as the lava lake receded. "Now let's get you to the lobby- for there's a wee something for ya!" Eis replied as he let The Hydrac climb onto his shoulder as they entered into the new lobby. The moment they arrived- The Hydrac instantly crawled to the bed, and went to sleep. "Looks like I've gotta get him used to it first. You guys have fun!" Eis replied. The gang was now off to the Hollow Castle- for they had to clean up their act, literally!