Bloodthirst

Chongyun was chasing after Xingqiu after he took one of his popsicle.
“Xingqiu! Please! - “He panted, trying to catch up to his best friend. “Catch me first~” The boy teased and continue sprinting away from his friend.
The boy sighed and continue chasing Xingqiu. “Xingqiu! I swear to- Ack-! I’m s-so sorry!”

Until he bumped into someone.

Chongyun stopped on his tracks to help the girl who he accidentally bumped on. Xingqiu noticed that he isn’t getting chased anymore so he took the opportunity and start nibbling on the popsicle, he turned back only to find his best friend helping someone.

Why is his heart in flames…? Why is he mad again? What’s going on?

‘Get your filthy hands off him… now.’ He muttered.
Chongyun extended his hand to help the girl up.

“M-My Apologies, I wasn’t...” Chongyun’s adrenaline is slowing down and he’s getting more and more exhausted. “I wasn’t p-paying attention to my surroundings... I really do a-apologize” He stutter, and the girl giggled.
“It’s quite alright, I was trying to dodge you, but you somehow manage to bump into me” The girl replied and Chongyun looked away in embarrassment.
“P-Please don’t mention it… I don’t want to be reminded.” Chongyun scratch the back of his neck and the girl laughs. She pulled out a handkerchief out of her pocket and start wiping the sweat off of Chongyun’s forehead.
“Oh my…” She handed him the handkerchief. “Who are you even chasing?” Asked the girl.
“Oh! M-My friend Xingqiu! He took my- “When Chongyun looked back to where Xingqiu was, but there were no traces of him…
“It seemed that he left without giving my popsicle back” Chongyun said, frowning. Little did they know… Xingqiu’s there.

“Are you sure he’s a good friend?” Asked the girl. “He seems like he teased you a lot now just left you without saying anything.”
Chongyun immediately denied her. “Please don’t say that to him, he’d been the greatest friend I’ve met, and it’s pretty normal for him to play light-hearted pranks on me” He smiled.
Xingqiu can only blush and smile as he listens to his friend compliment him more.

“You look like you’re heating up a lot, is it alright if I treat you to something cold? Maybe a milkshake? Ice cream?” The girl asked and Chongyun smiled, nodding.

“That would be nice”

======================

Zhongli looked up and saw the time…
‘Huh’ He thought to himself. “Childe?” He called out to his lover that was on the couch.
“Have you noticed Xingqiu?” He asked, slowly getting worried.

“Huh? No? why?” Childe replied and Zhongli immediately stood up. “It’s getting late..” Yeah, he’s extremely worried at this point.

Childe stood up and went to Zhongli patting his back. “I’ll look for him, ok? I’m sure he’s with Chongyun or Xiangling” Childe reassured the male and Zhongli nodded. He kisses Zhongli’s cheek and goes to grab his shoes. “We’ll be home before you know it” He smiled, he stood up and swung the door open and went on his way, leaving Zhongli alone with his thoughts.

Zhongli sighed and went back to the kitchen, making himself some tea calm his nerves.
‘Please be alright’ He muttered pouring the hot water on his cup.
He went to the living room and sat on the couch, sighing, heart pounding, he was all worried.
“Damnit kid… It’s almost 11pm where in Teyvat could you possibly ran off to..” He muttered to himself, running his finger through his hair. Damnit…

======================

“Today was fun” The girl smiled at Chongyun.

“I do admit, it was fun” Chongyun replied and scratches the back of his head.