Ron, looking quite terrified, looked at Diana for help, but nothing came. He patted her very awkwardly on the top of the head. Finally, Hermione drew away, stepping back into Diana's arms.

"Ron, I'm, really, sorry about Scarbbers..." She sobbed into her best friend, her teary eyes locked onto the redhead.

"Oh—well Diana was right—he was old," Ron said, looking very relieved that she had let go of him. "And he was a bit useless. You never know, Mum and Dad might get an owl now." 

***

Diana and her friends hurried towards Hagrid, where they found him at the lake. Hagrid was standing in the lake, skipping rocks. Diana sat in front of the rock Harry was sitting on, leading against his legs, watching poor Hagrid.

"How'd it go, Hagrid?" Hermione asked. "The hearing?"

"It was all my fault. Got all tongue-tied. They were all sitting there in black robes and I kept dropping my notes and forgetting all the dates, you looked up for me, Hermione. And then Lucius Malfoy stood up and said his bit, and the Committee just did exactly what he told them.."

"They're not sacking you?" Ron asked.

"No, I'm not sacked. Buckbeck's been sentenced to death." Hagrid cried.

Diana's heart clutched hearing how upset her Professor was. She stood up and walked into the lake not caring about her pants getting wet. Wrapping her arms around her professor--the best she could and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry, Hagrid."

Hagrid petted the blonde on the head, wiping his tears away. "I'll be alright, Ana. You four should be getting back on, it's getting dark."

After saying goodbye to Hagrid, the four of them walked back to the castle before hearing laughter. In front of them, they see Draco and his goons' laughter as the four of them grow closer.

"Look at him blubber!" Draco laughed, pointing towards Hagrid who was walking towards his house, crying. "Have you ever seen anything quite as pathetic?! And he's supposed to be our teacher!"

Harry and Ron both made furious moves toward Malfoy, but Hermione got there first. Diana followed behind them, her hair melted to red. Suddenly, before anyone could think, Hermione wheeled her arm back and punched Draco as hard as she could, leaving a red handprint on the blonde boy's cheek. Draco stumbled back, crying out as Diana covered her mouth, fighting back laughter. Harry, Ron, Crabbe, and Goyle stood in awe as Hermione raised her hand again.

"Don't you dare call Hagrid pathetic, you fool—you evil..."

"Hermione!" Ron called as he tried grabbing her fist.

"Get off, Ron!" Hermione said, pulling out her wand.

Diana was struggling to hold back a laugh as her cousin stepped backward. Crabbe and Goyle looked at him for instruction.

"C'mon," Draco muttered, hurrying away from the four of them.

Diana burst out laughing, holding her stomach as Ron said. "Hermione!"

"Harry, Ana, you'd better beat him in the Quidditch final!" Hermione said, looking at them. "You just better have, it because I can't stand it if Slytherin wins! No offense to Sammy."