TWENTY FOUR.

chapter twenty four
"bullshit plan"

chapter twenty four"bullshit plan"

"HEY! GUYS, DON'T TIE up!

      With a stuffed backpack of simple groceries hooked under one arm, where Evelynn's other hand was interlocked with JJ's — tugging her forward with each and every step towards the bogey.

      They had stayed up all night, not a single one of the teenagers had gotten a blink of sleep due to the scare that Rafe and Barry would return, this time for blood. If those two knew that John B and Sarah were alive, it would only be a matter of time before every other person on both Figure Eight and The Cut would know it.

      The two couples consisting of JJ and Lynn, and then John B and Sarah, were tracing down the old wooden dock that led up to the Chateau. Both of them were carrying bags of clothing items, whereas Lynn had decided to pad her backpack entirely full of she and her boyfriends favorite snacks.

      "What?" Questioned Kie, who had halted in her movements of tying off the rope to the dock, Pope had also ceased with his tethering.

      "We're dipping," JJ directed, his index finger swinging in a little circle as he tossed his worn bag onto the boat.

      John B, with a single arm wrapped strongly around Sarah's waist, and then the other had intertwined his fingers with her own palm that was over John B's shoulder for support — her gunshot wound, "Where'd you guys go? What happened last night?"

       Lynn hopped onto the boat with ease, a few blonde strands falling into her face as she did so. JJ's eyes drifted towards his girl unknowingly, staring at her carefully, and his mind drifted back to the previous night.

      How Rafe wasn't the vicious Sheriff Killer they had all believed him to be — how Lynn believed him, more specifically. No matter whether Rafe was the one to pull the trigger or not, he was still the one responsible for Peterkin's death. Why didn't she see that? He didn't understand in the slightest bit — how the brick wall she had built up for Kooks so long ago was cracking.

      "We slept on the break, what's up?"

      Snapping out of distracted thoughts, JJ collided his palm with Pope's shoulder, "Slept, right, yeah. We were up all night."

      "We gotta get the hell outta here," John B had explained, coming to a stop in front of the boat so that he could better help Sarah, adjusting his hands.

      "Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave — like, now," Sarah swiftly explained, and Lynn let out her hand for the girl to interlock with so she could safely get onto the boat. Sarah smiled warmly at her friend, and she didn't part with her soft hand for a second.

     Lynn whistled, pointing a sharp index finger towards the boat's motor, amusingly perking her eyebrows, "Time to skedaddle, kiddo's."

"