TWENTY.

chapter twenty
"marriage"

chapter twenty"marriage"

      LAUGHTER.

      THE LAUGHTER WAS THE brightest and loudest any single one of the crew had ever experienced in their lifetimes. Wide and toothy smiles riddled on every face, not fading for a mere second.

      They spent the entirety of the rest of the day with each other — they were on the boat that Sarah and John B had actually stolen from Ward in the Bahamas. Heading back home, but the end target was still aimless.

      It was the happiest Lynn had ever been, and she knew that for a fact.

She and JJ stayed snuggled up for the most part, as John B explained the way that they had been saved from the wreck after the storm, as Sarah told the terrifying story of being accidentally shot by one of the men her father had hired to transport the gold in the Bahamas — who apparently hadn't been informed that Sarah was actually Ward's daughter. It was now JJ and Lynn's turn to describe the whole back up Rafe plan (fake breakup) to defend John B's name. There was Kie as well, talking endlessly about how she was going to be shipped off to boarding school, and lastly for Pope, stating about how Limbrey was going to actually kidnap him.

      Then, they went to sleep.

      "Anybody else starving? We need to be some sort of breakfast."

      Lynn stretched out her arms to try to squeeze the still remaining tiredness in her bones — but it didn't really help. JJ beside her had a strong grip wrapped around her waist, as it had stayed all throughout the night.

      "Now I'm wishing we didn't eat the last of the groceries last night," whined Lynn as she fell backwards, leaning her back against the edge of the boat as it swayed with the waves.

      It was then decided that they were going to pull over to the nearest dock and tie off — the girls suggested to be the ones to leave, and the boys didn't mind one bit to stay behind on the boat. It was all really just a play, each gender wanting to have a talk with the same without the other popping in.

      Lynn waved goodbye with her fingertips to JJ as he was leaning against the silver pole that held up the shadecover. He grinned in her direction, for every second until she had disappeared off in the distance.

      "Okay, so you really got married?"

      Lynn smirked in Sarah's direction as she picked off some of the mouth-watering delicious watermelon they had stolen from some poor persons garden. But frankly they didn't care — they were as starving as could be.

      The three girls had parked a squat at a nearby stone bench, where Kie and Sarah were actually sitting on it and Lynn was right beside them. However, she was actually planted on the grass between them.