english version

"WHO DID YOU INHERIT?". That is always the open question of the people around me. By the way, I am Athena Menchavez. I grew up with the love of my parents and siblings, but in my whole life I feel like there is always something missing in my life and that is what I want to know. One day, I just came across a family, the Menchavez Family. I don't know my identity, all I know is they are my real parents, my Mommy Margareth and Daddy Jeydon. But I wonder why whenever someone comes to our house they always ask "Why are you different from your parents and siblings? Why is their skin white and yours not? Why are you tall and your brothers are not tall? From whom did you inherit? " When will my thoughts be peaceful? I always hear such phrases. It came to the point where I questioned myself every night, thinking that it's impossible for me to be adopted because my last name is Menchavez and my parents never made me feel like an adopted child, so it's impossible for others to say around me. The next day, I planned to go to my parents' room to offer them a present, but at an unexpected moment, I heard my Mommy and Daddy chatting, and I unintentionally overheard what they were saying but I did not realize that the gift I should have given them had fallen when I heard what they were talking about. It's about my identity. The question I want to know the answer to is, "We have to go abroad, because maybe her real parents will find her. I fell in love with Athena. I considered her as my real child. I cannot give her to her real parents. I raised her and like my real child, I'm afraid that she will know her true identity. I do not know what I will do when she leaves us, so as soon as possible, we are going to another country." Margareth said while crying. "All right, let's arrange the papers so that we can leave this country. Don't worry, we won't leave Athena. We'll go far away." Jeydon replied, "Those words were enough for me to know my identity, and the long-neglected question in my mind was finally answered in a way that broke my heart: I AM ADOPTED.