1| the ruined moment

Start from the beginning

"Bunny's Naina!" I corrected, and she nodded.

"Oh my god! I totally forgot, Mayra we need to leave, get up, we are late!" She started panicking, as always!

"But where do we have to go!?"

"We have an event to attend! It's 27th!" She said, and I recollected the dates.

Wow! How did we not remember, I seriously need to eat some good amount of almonds.

And we were seriously late!

Thankfully we were just interns and the head management was already there looking forward with the arrangements, we just had to work along with Ayha, who is our senior and she is a super chilled out person, I am sure she wouldn't tell us anything but we had to be there before the event starts.

"Let's leave!" I said. We both got ready as soon as possible and left for the ceremony.

Aadya drove to the function hall, as I got down from the car, she went to park. I was in a hurry and in that I bumped into a 6 foot tall wall, uh not exactly a wall but it was a well built man, and I closed my eyes tightly, hoping to not trip and fall, but someone held me, it was the same guy and I opened my eyes, only to find his eyes looking straight at me. To say he was too handsome, was an understatement, because he was more than that.

He made me stand, and turned to walk, without even saying anything, but something had to stop him, it was my hair, they were stuck in his shirt button, and he turned back to look at me. I had to look up now to see his face, as he was quite taller than me.

Him being the jerk, which I never thought he was, pulled the hair hard, instead of detangling it!

"Oh hello mister! You ruined my hairstyle!"

And the moment..!

"I asked you to wear heels? And which train are you catching, that you are in such a hurry!" He spoke.

Damn, how can someone's voice be this attractive?

Mayra focus! He is a jerk, nothing is attractive about him...

The way my mind kept reminding me stuff in the name of reality but it was a complete lie.

"Excuse me! It's none of your concern mister....whoever you are." I said rolling my eyes, as I fixed my hair pushing a lock of hair behind my shoulder and brushing my fingers through them.

"Move from my way now!" He said and walked away.

Such a rude person he is!

"What happened Mayra?" Aadya asked as she walked towards me. I narrated the whole incident with that Mr. Rude to her and she burst out laughing

"Aww someone's first bollywood moment got ruined, whoever that guy is, I am so thankful he left, or else you would have killed him." She laughed resting her arm on my shoulder, while I gave her a deadpanned look.

"I will kill him if I see him again! He didn't have any manners at all." I said getting annoyed from that Mr. Khadoos. Yes that's what he is!

"What function is this though?" I asked as we both entered the large hall

"The head of Khurrana industries, is giving the CEO post to his heir. So it's just an official function for the announcement." Aadya said as we both looked at all the people. It looked like a wedding function more.

Who helds such an extravagant event just to give off a post to the heir?

"Mayra Singhania?" I heard and turned behind to see a women who was probably in her mid forties. She was all well dressed in a saree that looked insanely beautiful on her, with a beautiful necklace snaking her neck a little lower, with matching pair of earrings, and at an instant I felt like I could resemble her to that Mr. Rude, but she was so pretty and he was nothing in comparison, but why was I seeing him every where, I need to get him out of my mind now!