Chapter 10 - we look pretty

I think it's pretty fair to say that this has been one of the most agonizing weeks of my life.

Bakugou kicked me out twenty minutes before curfew after I fell asleep, meaning I was there laying with him for a good hour and a half. I could've sworn I heard him snore at some point though; and the next day he actually agreed to go out with Midoriya, Hatsume, and I!

After that night, everything just seemed different, in a strange, but not bad way. Nothing actually changed, but I just felt more comfortable around him and although I don't know for sure, I think he feels it too.

On Wednesday, the day after he kissed me for the first time in front of everyone, he came back to class and smiled at me. It was a small one and only for half a second as he waved to me from across the room, but it was there.

On Thursday, I texted him during class and it was a little bit flirty.

 On Friday, he kissed me in front of everyone again, but not in an aggressive way like before

On Friday, he kissed me in front of everyone again, but not in an aggressive way like before. Just to say goodbye.

And now it's Saturday.

I woke up too early, but couldn't go back to sleep so I hit the showers.

The walk back to my dorm after reminded me of how this whole thing started. I took the long way again. God today is going to be awful. I've grown to actually like Bakugou, platonically of course, but I don't think he's gonna be much fun to go on rides with and walk around the fairgrounds with.

Once back in my dorm, I spent a few hours getting ready; not because I was doing a glamorous makeup look or anything, I just kept messing up my eyeliner and then the shirt I wore felt too tight and then the next one felt too loose and then the next one didn't go right with my pants and then so on and so on.

By the time I was ready to go, it was already 11:00 and we were supposed to leave at 1:00.

I was walking over to Bakugous dorm room when the reality of the situation hit me. I'm going to have to spend hours just watching Deku have the time of his life with Hatsume and pretending like I'm in love with his best friend. This is going to suck.

I knocked on the door briefly and awaited his response. As per usual, it was unlocked so he called out "come in" and I entered.

"Hey Katsuki!" I said, trying to be optimistic and enthusiastic.

"Hi," he said, flatly. He was playing a game on his phone. He actually looked really nice. He was wearing black ripped jeans, a matching black tank top, and a plaid black and red flannel.

"You look great!" I said, sitting at the edge of his bed like I always do. "Excited for today?"

"Tch," he scoffed, still focusing on his game. "I don't even know the right answer to that."

"The honest one," I said, still looking at him. He was always pretty cute but there was just something about him today.

He sighed and mumbled out an "I guess," while clearing the apps on his phone and putting it down next to him.

Something in his expression changed when he looked at me for the first time. I was just wearing a pink and white UA cropped t shirt and black leggings. My hair was the same as I always wear it and my makeup was subtle.

"You look good," he said, standing up. The words seemed bitter on his tongue. As I mumbled a "thank you" and gave a soft smile, I couldn't help but think back to when Deku would compliment me. He was always so thorough about it.

'Wow Uraraka, you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen.'

'That shirt looks great with your eyes. You look amazing.'

'I love your laugh so much. Just hearing it makes me smile.'

But I guess 'you look good' will have to do for now. I truly was thankful for his compliment! It seemed like a big step for him.

"What's wrong?" He asked, slipping his wallet into his pocket and staring at me.

"Hm? Oh! Nothing! I'm fine," I said, breaking eye contact with his pillow and looking up at him. I hadn't even realized I'd been lost in my thoughts until he pulled me out of them.

He just stood there with a blank expression on his face for a minute before he finally said "you're lying," and grabbed my hand, gently pulling me up to stand with him.

He leaned down a bit so he could be closer to my height and looked into my eyes as if he was studying my face.

"What's wrong?" He asked, once again. Something about him always makes me want to be honest.

After a moment of silence, I just kind of collapsed against him and sighed "I don't know."

He didn't hold me like I expected him too, but I wrapped my arms around his torso anyways.

"I'm scared," I whispered into his chest. I wasn't sure that he could hear me, but I also wasn't sure that I wanted him to.

"I know, Ochako," he said with a whisper, "but it'll be okay."

At my confession it's like something snapped in him and he became so nurturing and caring. He held my hand and walked us over to the bed where I sat next to him. He put his arm around me immediately and pulled me close.

"What's scaring you?" He asked, petting the top of my head with his free hand. The gesture soothed me instantly, but I was still pretty anxious.

"I guess just seeing him with her. Seeing how happy they are together." At the last word I started crying. I tried so hard to hold it back but I just couldn't anymore. I wrapped my arms around his torso and just cried.

He didn't say anything as we sat there. He just stayed with me and let me cry. I felt so comfortable. Midoriya gave better compliments, but he always froze up when I would get anxious or sad.

"I'm okay," I said after a few minutes, breaking the silence and wiping my tears. He wore a grin on his face and I didn't understand why until I looked down and saw a bunch of black makeup on my hands.

"Fuck," I giggled, wiping my hands on my leggings. "I cried all my makeup off, how bad is it?"

Bakugou just started laughing and grabbed my hand, pulling me up and walking us over to his closet. He opened it up and there was a full body mirror.

My face looked a mess, but other than my makeup, we looked really good together.

"We look pretty," I said, without thinking causing him to chuckle.

"No," he scoffed, "I look pretty."

He leaned in close to my face to see the damage and wiped away what he could with his thumbs. When he was done, he turned me to look back at the mirror, standing in front of him and draped his arms over my shoulders.

"Now we look pretty," he said softly, kissing the top of my head. I thought about questioning it, but I liked it too much to risk messing it up.

Brushing it off as an act of kindness since I just had a mini anxiety attack, I smiled brightly at him and we made our way out of the door.

Maybe today won't be so bad after all.

A/N: 1285 words
Is it me or did this take insanely long to write? I'm so excited to write this next chapter