unlucky

As we descended the stairwell, his friends followed. When we finally reached the bottom, I was gently placed on a plush white sofa, feeling a mix of discomfort and curiosity about what was to come next.

Lying there, I noticed that all four boys were now intently staring at me. Their intense gazes made me gulp nervously.

The room was filled with an electric tension, and the silence hung heavily in the air. 

The curly haired boy asked, "So she was the one you saved?" 

The one with dark hair replied, "Well, no shit sherlock." 

They all chuckled. 

As the young man introduced himself as Timothee and smiled sweetly, I nervously reciprocated, "Hi, my name is y/n."

Following with the curly haired boy introducing himself as Jack, his cheerful demeanour in contrast to the intense atmosphere of the room. Trying to maintain my composure, I replied with a somewhat hesitant, "Cool."

Feeling overwhelmed by the situation, I mustered the courage to ask "So...this has been fun, Imma head out." 

However, my request was met with a quick response from Lorenzo, who simply said, "No."

"Erm, why?" 

 "Because I said so" 

"Dude, I'm my own person, and I can leave whenever I want," I reiterated, this time with more conviction. The room fell silent, and I could feel the weight of their stares on me.

Lorenzo's expression shifted slightly, seemingly surprised by my response. It was clear that he wasn't used to being challenged or defied, but I couldn't let that deter me. My heart was still racing with anxiety, but I refused to back down.

"I saved you twice, remember? And I need something in favour," he explained.

 "I didn't need your help," I retorted.

 "Oh really, you're one problematic girl. Today you've been beaten up twice." he said flirtatiously.

Lorenzo's flirtatious remark caught me off guard.

"It's not my fault, after all. There are a lot of snobby people in the world, and today I happen to run into four of them." I said, turning my head back and avoiding eye contact.

"Four?" Lorenzo asked, concerned.

 "Yes, the thief, the two girls, and...you !" I said with confidence, and just leaving the room right after that refusing to hear the response that Lorenzo could come up with.

After leaving the room, I noticed a crowd gathered around the door. Wanting to avoid the commotion, I sought out Finn and Xochitl and found them near the lockers. Finn declared his intention to confront them.

However, I urged Finn not to get involved, explaining that they had already smashed my phone, and I didn't want him to be in harm's way. 

...

It was the last period of school. I realised I had left my phone in my locker as Finn, Xochitl, and I were walking out of class. 

"Oh, guys, I forgot to take my phone out of my locker."

 "Oh, Xochitl and I will meet you for homework in half an hour at the cafe, is that alright?" Finn remarked. 

"Sure." 

They both left for the cafe, and I proceeded to the locker room. 

I opened my locker and discovered a joker card on top of my damaged phone. The card had the letters "f4" written on it. 

Fuck.

I swear to god if they are making me eat a shoe. I am committing murder.