The long Night-P1

Start from the beginning

DAENERYS is shocked and horrified. She turns to find her dragons and help her people. JON grabs her arm and stops her, reminder her of the plan.

JON: The Night queen is coming.

DAENERYS shrugs off his grip. She fumes as she looks JON in the eye.

DAENERYS: The dead are already here.

DAENERYS walks back to mount DROGON. The dragon roars.

Danyeras: Hold my wolf i wont lose you to

CUT TO: OUTSIDE THE WALLS

The northern army looks worried. SAM and EDD listen to the whistling wind. The HOUND is edgy. TORMUND and BERIC stand tense and ready. GENDRY grips his sword. PODRICK takes a breath.

In front of the Unsullied, GREY WORM's face twists in anger. He puts on his helmet. The wind blows stronger. A soft patter becomes a rumble of running feet as the undead army starts to boil forth the darkness, running at full tilt. Once visible, they come in like a tidal wave.

GREY WORM: (speaks in Valyrian)

The Unsullied take their braced battle stance, spears pointed forward. The army of wights crashes over them, shrieking and snarling. They stab and slice the Unsullied as they barrel through. TORMUND and the HOUND stand just off to the side with the Northmen and marvel at the sheer force and number of the undead. Then the undead wave reaches them as well.

TORMUND: (yells)

JAIME, BRIENNE and their company brace for the coming onslaught. One soldier abandons his post in fear, pushing his way through the soldiers towards the gates of Winterfell.

BRIENNE: Stand your ground!

The undead crash into their cadre at full speed and the battle begins. JAIME fights. BERIC swings his flaming sword. The undead land gruesome blows to the Northmen. BRIENNE is knocked off her feet by a speeding wight and is trapped in a crowd of the undead. JAIME notices and leaps to help. He pierces the wight that has tackled BRIENNE and throws it aside. Just then, the dragons above shoot forth a wall of flame as they dive past, disintegrating a swath of weights. JAIME looks up at the dragons.

CUT TO: ABOVE THE BATTLE

DAENERYS and DROGON ascend as the inferno below them burns. DAENERYS surveys the battle as she looks for her next line of attack.

CUT TO: THE BATTLE

The rush of wights continues. TORMUND dispatches some of the wights while behind him, DROGON and RHAEGAL lay down crossing walls of fire.

CUT TO: ABOVE THE BATTLE

JON rides RHAEGAL above the devastation, taking stock of the battle.

CUT TO: THE BATTLE

SAM, illuminated by flames nearby, looks up at the dragons.

CUT TO: THE RAMPARTS

RHAEGAL banks past ARYA and SANSA. Further away, DROGON spews forth an arc of flame. RHAEGAL joins in. ARYA and SANSA take in the power of the dragons and the enormity of the undead army.

CUT TO: ABOVE THE BATTLE

JON and DAENERYS fly side-by-side, away from Winterfell. Where the plain meets the woods, JON sees the mounted White Walkers. He and DAENERYS exchange a look, then dive towards their enemy. The White Walkers notice the approaching dragons. Suddenly, a ferocious gale of blowing snow rolls out from the woods, enveloping JON and DAENERYS. JON loses his bearings and fightS to remain aloft. DAENERYS rips through the undead below with DROGON's fiery breath, then struggles against the great storm.

CUT TO: THE RAMPARTS

ARYA and SANSA do not like the way the battle is going.

ARYA: Get down to the crypt.

SANSA: I'm not abandoning my people.

ARYA: Take this and go.

ARYA extends the hilt of a dragonstone dagger. SANSA accepts it tentatively.

SANSA: I don't know how to use it.

Arya: Use the pointy end and stick them with it.

SANSA exits, and ARYA turns to face the battle. She takes her bow from her back.

CUT TO: THE BATTLE

JAIME grunts as he dispatches another weight. Behind him, PODRICK and TORMUND fight their own foes. The arctic blast from the woods reaches them, and visibility worsens. TORMUND looks up as DROGON and DAENERYS spew forth another fire line of devastation.

CUT TO: THE GODSWOOD

THEON stands by BRAN, his bow strapped around his back. The roiling snow blast reaches them and creates a white out.

CUT TO: THE BATTLE

JORAH rides through the ongoing fight, Dismembering a wight with one great swing, then another. His face is bloodied and he looks exhausted. As he pivots his mount, a wight tackles him from behind, and he and is horse both fall. He rolls to his feet and continues to battle. Nearby, BRIENNE grunts as she cuts through her assailants. She tries to catch her breath, but a wight attacks before she can. TORMUND's berserk attacks are brutal and effective, but he is also out of breath. JAIME is more deft in his parries and footwork. PODRICK pushes away the wight that tries to take him down. GENDRY and the HOUND also fight in the fray.

A wight leaps through the air and wraps himself around JAIME. The Kingslayer tries to shake him off. Another wight tackles TORMUND. SAM shouts and slays an undead fighter. EDD circles behind him, but is taken down be a leaping wight.

SAMWELL: Edd! Edd!

Another wight tackles SAM before he can help his friend, pinning him to the ground on his back. SAM fights with all he has to stop the undead's blade from forcing into his skull. EDD saves SAM by stabbing the wight through the back. SAM whimpers, and his sense slow as exhaustion takes over.

EDD: Sam, get up!

EDD grabs SAM's shirt and pulls him to his feet. As SAM regains his strength, EDD is stabbed from behind. Blood spews from his mouth as he gasps and staggers.

EDD: Oh, God. Sam.

EDDISON collapses. SAM looks at the snarling wight behind EDDISON. SAM turns and flees.

WOMAN: Edd!

CUT TO: THE CRYPT

SANSA walks down the steps to the crypt. Above her, the heavy door closes and is locked by a guard. She joins the crowd of women, children and elderly who are huddling in the crypt, along with TYRION, VARYS, GILLY and LITTLE SAM. SANSA takes stock of the crypt's atmosphere and locks eyes with MISSANDEI. Finally, she and TYRION exchange a look. TYRION takes a large gulp from his wineskin and walks away.

CUT TO: ABOVE THE BATTLE

The wind howls. The clouds of snow hang in the air. RHAEGAL flies through. JON holds on to the powerful dragon as they crash through snow-covered treetops. RHAEGAL regains control of his flight. JON gasps for breath. He looks behind him at the peril they escaped. Suddenly, DROGON appears from the snow cloud in front of them, on a collision course. The dragons bank to avoid one another. DAENERYS grunts as she is nearly thrown from DROGON. JON strains to check that DAENERYS is safe as the dragons pull side by side. The dragons struggle to fly against the wind and snow, and JON and DAENERYS are constantly tested by the unpredictable and jerky flight. Once they have settled, DAENERYS looks down through the blowing snow to take in the battle. The undead army continues to surge forward with inhuman stamina.

CUT TO: THE BATTLE

TORMUND grunts as he lands each blow.

TORMUND: Fall back! Fall back!

A wight stumbles as it tries to attack TORMUND from behind. He raises his weapon and delivers a powerful overhead strike.

BRIENNE: Fall back!

The Northmen follow the command to retreat.

SOLDIER: Come on!

CUT TO: WINTERFELL COURTYARD

LYANNA stands with her soldiers.

LYANNA: Open the gate!

SOLDIER 1: Open the gate!

Her men run to the gate.

SOLDIER 2: Let us in!

SOLDIER 1: Open the gate!

SOLDIER 3: Open the gate!

Four soldiers remove the crossbeam and open the mighty gate. The injured and weary Northern army rushes in noisily.

SOLDIER 4: Keep moving!

SOLDIER 5: Come on!

LYANNA: Keep moving, fast!

SOLDIER 5: To your posts!

SOLDIER 6: Go!

SOLDIER 7: Keep moving!

SOLDIER 1: Come on, run! Keep moving!

CUT TO: OUTSIDE THE GATE

GREY WORM watches as the Northmen retreat through the gate. The undead battle with the Unsullied nearby.

GREY WORM: (in Valyrian) Protect the retreat!

The Unsullied fend of the ferocious attacks for the undead.

GREY WORM: (in Valyrian) Stand your ground!

As one, the Unsullied take a defensive stance, spears pointed forward. The undead swarm into them with great force, but the Unsullied slow their progress.

CUT TO: WINTERFELL GATE

Men continue to pour through the gate. Just beyond, the Northmen fall back behind the battalions of Unsullied, who stand at attention. Sounds of the battle beyond ring through the blasts of wind and snow.

CUT TO: ABOVE THE BATTLE

JON and DAENERYS fight to fly against the storm.

JON: Dany!

DAENERYS cannot hear him. JON guides RHAEGAL to bank to the right.

CUT TO: THE GODSWOOD

BRAN sits pensively. Above, he can see RHAEGAL fighting to hover before landing heavily on the wall surrounding the godswood. JON looks around.

CUT TO: THE COURTYARD

Soldiers rush towards the gate.

SOLDIER 1: Grab your weapon now!

SOLDIER 2: Guard the barricades!

SOLDIER 3: Through that pass!

LYANNA watches the men rushing through. Near the gate, BRIENNE tries to maintain some control of the rushing crowd.

BRIENNE: Hey! Hey! Hey!

SOLDIER 4: Close up the gaps!

BRIENNE: Go! Hey! Go! Go!

BRIENNE ushers PODRICK into the courtyard. Nearby, JAIME takes command of those near him.

JAIME: Get in! Get in! Get in! Come on!

CUT TO: OUTSIDE THE GATE

Men continue to run towards the gate. Beyond the wooden fortifications, the Unsullied stand their ground.

GREY WORM: (shouts in Valyrian)

The Unsullied grunt as one in response to the command. The undead continue their onslaught, but the Unsullied stop them.

CUT TO: ABOVE THE BATTLE

Northermen flee in great numbers to the gate. Only a handful of lines of Unsullied remain, but the endless waves of undead continue. The Unsullied are near the end of their defensive effort.

CUT TO: OUTSIDE THE GATE

Soldiers run as fast as they can towards the gate. Flaming arrows shoot through the air above them.

SOLDIER 1: Move!

TORMUND takes down a wight with a mighty blow. The man beside him does the same, but is felled by an arrow right after. The snarling undead wrestle through the wooden palisades. ARYA takes careful aim and shoots a flaming arrow, felling the wight pursuing the HOUND. He turns around in surprise, looks up to ARYA, then back at the felled creature. He swings his axe anew.

CUT TO: THE UNSULLIED

The Unsullied begin to fall back.

SOLDIER 1: (in Valyrian) Retreat!

SOLDIER 2: (in Valyrian) Retreat!

SOLDIER 1: Come on!

SOLDIER 3: Come on!

CUT TO: AT THE GATE

Soldiers rush through the gate.

LYANNA: Protect the gate!

SOLDIER 1: Protect the gate!

JAIME: They're coming! Come on!

HOUND: Fall back!

CUT TO: THE UNSULLIED

GREY WORM runs forward to take stock of the battle. Panting, he watches the undead making slow but constant progress against the last lines of the Unsullied.

GREY WORM: Light the trench! Light the trench!

CUT TO: THE RAMPARTS

DAVOS picks up two torches and waves them to signal GREY WORM's command.

SOLDIER 2: Wait!

SOLDIER 3: Light the trench!

CUT TO: THE UNSULLIED

GREY WORM continues to pant as he watches the ferocious undead army battle against the Unsullied and the Northmen in front of him. Deciding that it is time, he grabs a rope and pulls with all his might, triggering the collapse of the wood that spans the trench in front of him. A fury of arrows descends from the ramparts behind him.

CUT TO: THE RAMPARTS

DAVOS continues to signal with his torches.

CUT TO: ABOVE THE BATTLE

DAENERYS and DROGON fly through the turbulent clouds of snow

CUT TO: THE RAMPARTS

DAVOS lowers his torches.

DAVOS: She can't see us.

DAVOS throws down the torches in frustration.

DAVOS: Light the trenches!

Archers shoot flaming torches at the palisade in the trenches. The harsh wind blows out the flames before the stakes catch fire.

CUT TO: THE BATTLEFIELD

The seemingly endless undead army continues to surge forward, snarling and growling.

CUT TO: OUTSIDE THE GATES

GREY WORM pants from exhaustion, and removes his helmet.

SOLDIER 1: With a torch, light the trenches! Right there.

SOLDIER 2: Torch it!

The soldiers grab torches from the braziers

CUT TO: THE RAMPARTS

DAVOS: Light the trenches!

CUT TO: OUTSIDE THE GATES

The soldiers run from the brazier to towards the trenches. One by one, they tackled by wights before they reach their objective. GREY WORM assesses the battle, and locks eyes with MELISANDRE through the mist.

JORAH, BERIC, TORMUND and the HOUND protect the gate. Snarling wights try to force their way through the palisades.

CUT TO: THE RAMPARTS

DAVOS looks down to the gate as a battalion of Unsullied march out.

CUT TO: OUTSIDE THE GATES

JORAH, BERIC, TORMUND and the HOUND give way to the Unsullied, who march double time into a defensive formation. They align their shields to form a barrier and a battle stance. MELISANDRE emerges from the gate. The HOUND slays a wight nearby. The Unsullied captain gives a command, and the soldiers stand at attention, creating an aisle for MELISANDRE. She walks to the trench and places her hand on a frozen log, eyes closed.

MELISANDRE: (chants in Valyrian) Lord of Light, cast your light upon us. Lord of Light, defend us. For the night is dark and full of terrors!

JORAH and some Unsullied fight back the charging undead. Flaming arrows streak down from the ramparts into the darkness beyond the trench. The growls of the undead creep out of the darkness.

MELISANDRE: (urgently chants in Valyrian) Lord of Light, cast your light upon us! Lord of Light, defend us! For the night is dark and full of terrors!

The HOUND, BERIC and TORMUND stand their ground, helping to protect MELISANDRE. The wights get dangerously close to MELISANDRE, who opens her eyes at the threat.

MELISANDRE: (desperately chants in Valyrian) Lord of Light, cast your light upon us! Lord of Light, defend us! For the night is dark and full of terrors!

A wight leaps over the trench to grapple MELISANDRE. Just in time, sparks explode between her hands and the log. The oil in the trench quickly ignites, consuming the attacking ghoul and those behind it. The trench erupts into a blinding wall of flame, stopping the swarm of undead attackers. They shriek in surprise and pain. For now, Winterfell is protected from the charge.

Jamie: Keep firing arrows on the the northern archers rain down and take out the Wight's who just stand there and take it.

Y/N Stark POV 

 I wake up to see I am being carried by  two white walkers to the back of the field I fight and struggle to break from there grip as he feels her presence start to get stronger when all of a sudden a something wraps around the walkers neck and pulls and he falls into shards of ice I quickly break loose and crawl towards my sword and turn around in time to parry before the same flail go through the head of the other walker.

Y/N Stark: Uncle your like a convenient plot device for the writer.

Benjen : What.

Y/N Stark: you wouldn't get it.

Benjen: Can you stand.

Y/N Stark: I think so.

As they move nimbly to try and prevent the dead from overrunning but all Y/N can think is why hasn't the night queen come for him yet but he must portect his brothers and his stormborn