2. Awakened Memories

Start from the beginning

"And if I don't?"

"Then you must be in a lot of pain." He laughs.

"How's the drink?" Robin asks, snapping Star back into reality.

"It's quite delicious actually. Thanks." She sets the cup down.

"I don't mean to pry or anything, but I heard you and Sanji talking earlier... I just wanted to make sure you're doing okay. I'm sure it's hard having your heart split between us and the marines."

Star tilts her head up to look at the stars and sighs. "I don't love the marines... I love one marine."

"A pretty big marine." 

Star chuckles. "It's unfortunate how we ended up, but I'm sure it'll be fine in the end. The only thing I fear is that a sacrifice may have to be made, and I'm afraid it may be my life."

"Why do you think that?"

"In the end Smoker is a man or morals and justice. It's inevitable that we will end up meeting him again, and when we do, his mind and his heart will clash, like it did before. I put him in this situation, so I need to deal with the karma of it. He helped me through- I just owe him my life. If it comes down to me sacrificing my own life for him, I will. It is my fault. I did this to him."

"Star, I don't-"

"That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard." A gruff voice bellows. "You really believe in karma? Tch"

Thud.

A shadowed man holding a massive bottle of sake, stands up from his landing spot and walks into the light of the stars. 

"You really are stupid." The man chugs from the bottle, clear liquid dripping from the bottom of his chin. "If you want to show your gratitude then live, fight and conquer. Dying ain't going to solve anything." He wipes his chin with the back of his hand.

"Oh shut up you drunkard." Star growls. "You know nothing."

"I know that you're talking like a coward."

"Zoro, stop it. Go inside. Star and I will take the night shift." Robin interjects. "I'm surprised you're even awake this late at night."

"I wasn't, until you two started talking. You're a lot louder than you think." Zoro pushes himself onto the top of the sun lion's head. "Huh, I can see why Luffy likes sitting here." A warm breeze grazes through his green hair. 

"DUDE. YOU SMELL!" Star screams, covering her nose with her hand as Robin discreetly pulls the collar of her shirt over her nose.

"SHUT UP!" Zoro screams back before plopping himself in between Star and Robin. "Now that I'm awake, I think I'll join you two in your discussion."

"Please don't." Star rolls her eyes. "You smell so bad."

"TOO BAD!" Zoro chugs from his bottle. "Now tell me. Is this why you took so long on that damn Navy ship? With your strength it should've taken half the time you took. Our ship suffered damages because of your delay."

"It did?"

"Yeah. Usopp, Franky and Chopper had to run last minute repairs, it was reallllly hard on them." He grins.

"Oh... I'm sorry... I-I didn't mean for that to happen. I didn't even know he would be on the ship. It just took me by surprise."

"Star, don't worry about it. Zoro is just teasing you. If you don't want to talk about Smoker anymore we don't have to. It's probably awkward now that Zoro decided to show up." Robin gently pushes Zoro's shoulder.