IV

The Half-Blood Prince
༺❦༻

Pansy and Ivy had grown close within the very few days that she had been at Hogwarts.

She wasn't there to make friends. No. She was there to find this object that her father had told her would destroy the Malfoy's. It was somewhere hidden in the castle.

But, she had to blend in, pretend that she was there to be a normal student if she didn't want to raise any suspicion to her. And to do that, she needed female friends.

Ivy wasn't sure if Blair anymore, she found her rather distasteful in fact. So she settled for her roommate— Pansy Parkinson.

They had spoken very few times during their first year, but they were barley anything more than friends. Pansy had her friendship group with Millicent Bulstrode, Tracey Davis and Daphne Greengrass. And Ivy had hers.

They shared a dormitory now, so over the time that they spent together they had become intertwined in each other's life's.

Despite the fact that the friendship came out of force, Ivy couldn't help but find herself enjoying Pansy's company. It was nice to have a female friend again, one that she can tell anyone too, one that she can trust with anything. One that she knows she can go to when she's upset.

She never had that relationship with any of the boys. Blaise and Theo had made it very clear to her countless times that they wanted her to come to them about any problems she had. But they doubted that Ivy would ever come, she was a very closed person, she didn't give any information away about herself or what was going on in her life unless it was absolutely vital. Or, to show off.

Pansy was the girl, and probably the only person, who Ivy would tell anything to. She would listen to Ivy and encourage her to tell her all about my personal problems. She didn't realise how much she needed someone like Pansy before now.

In Beauxbatons Ivy had a few close friends, Valletta Hermale, Amell Kardain and Yvette Indra. She wasn't close to them anymore, if anything they were just a fill-in for Blaise, Theo and Blair whilst she attended the French school. Of course now, she was no longer friends with Blair.

Neither of the few people Ivy gathered at Beauxbatons had created that relationship with her in the four years that she attended there that Pansy and her made in a few days.

They sat together outside in the warm mid-September heat. It wasn't overly hot or cold. Just the perfect temperature.

Pansy sat crossed legs, her pet cat swaddled in between them. She gingerly petted it as we spoke.

"I reckon that she's a second year." Pansy shrugged, she kept her gaze on a much younger Hufflepuff girl, sat by herself reading.

"Really?" Ivy questioned as she glanced down at the girl. Pansy nodded. "I don't think so."

Pansy's eyebrow's furrowed in confusion. "What do you think then?"
"Look at the way she holds her wand. She clearly hasn't learnt the proper technique yet. She's a first year." Ivy explained, she hoped that the Hufflepuff didn't try to cast a spell, she was sitting far to close for comfort and with that hold on a wand the spell would go seriously wrong and hurt one of them.

"That book is far to complex for a first year." Pansy argued back, neither one of them were good at backing down.
Ivy shook her head in response. "Maybe it's another Granger who likes to read those weird books in her free time." She suggested.