1.

"Raani Sahiba!" Karan knocked at her door.

Monami was tending to Gappu when she heard Karan knocking. Karan coming here was bad news Monami thought. The last time he came here was to berate her about Sid. What happened this time? Did Sid mess up again? Karan came in and Monami saw the anger in his eyes. So he was mad about something.

"Kya hua?" She asked. Then she realised she wasn't yet ready for her training. "Actually, main abhi tak ready nahi hui. Main aapko field pe milti hu ready hoke. Just give me fifteen minutes."

"Nahi aaj training nahi hogi." Karan said. "Tum mere saath chal rahi ho."

"Kaha?" Monami was surprised. Karan was looking really uncomfortable and angry and she didn't know why.

"Party mein."

Monami was surprised. "Party? Kaunsi party?"

"Brigadier Shah ke ghar pe party hai aur unhone khaas aapko bulaya hai. And my bad luck, Colonel Batra chahte hai main aapko party mein accompany karu." Karan said.

"Par main kyu?" Monami asked. She didn't know who Brigadier Shah was, and why he invited her to the party.

"Woh toh mujhe tumse puchna chahiye."

"I don't know." Monami said.

Karan rolled his eyes. Leave it to Monami to be Ms. Clueless. "Hum ek ghante mein niklenge. Ready ho jao. Also we'll be staying overnight. Packing uss hisaab se karna."

Karan didn't wait to hear her reply. He straightaway left to pack his own bags. Monami couldn't believe she had to go to a party with Khadoos Shergill. Stay overnight with him. This was going to be the worst day of her life. She quickly took out her bag, and packed her clothes. She took one dress for the party, a nightdress and a set of clothes for the next day.

Apparently the whole academy had come to know about their plans. Everyone suddenly stood outside her door and Monami was annoyed to see them there. They came in without invitation and looked at her expectantly.

"Kya?" Monami asked.

"Tum kya sachhi uss #hottie ke saath kisi party ke liye jaa rahi ho Mumbai mein?" Chitra asked.

"Ja toh rahi hu but Mumbai ka pata nahi. Pure details diye bina bhag gaya."

"This is not fair Monu. Mujhe bhi party mein jana hai." Sid said. "Sirf tujhe leke kyu ja raha hai woh?"

"Kya tum dono sachhi ek raat spend karoge ek saath?" Sumanji asked.

"Overnight stay karenge. Aur main bas aise hi nahi jaa rahi hu. Brigadier Shah ne khaas mujhe invite kiya hai. But I don't know who that is."

Sumanji gasped. "Monami meri baat dhyaan se sunn." Her tone suddenly became serious. "Sumanji ko aisa lagta hai Karan jhooth bol raha hai. Woh khud tujhe le ja raha hai party mein. Warna koi anjana Brigadier tumhe apne ghar kyu bulayega? Karan tumhe apne jhase mein lapet raha hai par tum phasna mat. Bachke rehna usse."

"She's right!" Sid said. "Warna woh tujhe academy ke bahar akele Mumbai party mein kyu le jayega. I'm telling you uske intentions sahi nahi hai bro."

"Kuch bhi ho jaye Monami uske saath raat mat bitana. Ek hi bed pe mat sona uske saath." Sumanji said.

"Par kyu? He's so #hot! Monami chance mile toh so jana."

"No Monu! Don't go all the way. If you want kiss kar lena but no raat bitana." Sid said. "Third date se pehle no raat bitana."

Monami was almost traumatised by their talk. Were they right? Why would someone invite her to their party when she didn't know them? That meant Karan lied to her. Perhaps he wanted to spend some alone time with her. That could only mean two things. Either he liked her, or he wanted to kill her when they were alone. The second thought terrified her.

"Shut up you guys!" Koel shouted. "Karan is not some creep. Uske aise koi intentions nahi hai."

"Par Koel, Sumanji ne khud apni aakhon se dekha hai Monami aur Karan ko ek saath. Inke beech sachhi kuch toh hai."

"Humare beech kuch nahin hai." Monami protested.

"Even I've noticed." Sid said. "Dole shole full pighal jata hai Monu ko dekhke aur Monu bro sharma jati hai usko dekhke."

"What? Aisa kuch nahi hai!" Monami said.

"They are #hotcouple!"

"Hum couple nahi hai!" Monami exclaimed. She didn't understand why everyone were talking as if they were a couple already.

"Yaha koi circus chal raho hai?" Sanjana came in shouting.

"Monu aur Karan ki baat chal rahi hai." Sid said.

"Tum logo ko kya lagto hai? Sirji jaa rahe hai toh training na hogo? Abhi ke abhi report karo field mein 5 minute mein warna..."

The group dispersed within seconds. Monami smiled at Sanjana to thank her. She went to the washroom and quickly got ready. When she came back, she found Sanjana still in the room. She went to Gappu.

"Goodbye Gappu. Main kal wapas aa jaungi. I promise." She told Gappu and then she turned to Sanjana. "Mere Gappu ka khyaal rakhna."

"Haa thik hai." Sanjana said. "Tum bhi khyal rakhna."

"Bye Sanjana." Monami took her back and headed outside.

She found Karan's jeep at the gate. Faizi came running and helped her with her bag. He loaded it in the car. Monami thanked him.

"Toh Monami, ek din ki chutti with Karan..." Faizi teased.

"I just hope main zinda laut pau."

"What?" Faizi started laughing. "Don't worry. Karan murderer nahi hai. Iss baar ki guarantee main leta hu. Tum bas enjoy karo, aur ho sake toh uss sadu ko bhi thoda enjoy karana."

"I'll try." Monami smiled.

"Waise nariyal todne ka achha mauka hai." Faizi said.

Monami smiled. Karan came and started the car. She said goodbye to Faizi and got in Karan's car. He started the car and Monami sighed. She had no idea what was going to happen today, and her asking him too many questions would make him mad.