Lost In The Woods

Copyright © 2015 by Hendri Chua

The boys, as they talked to the girls of Marcia Blaine School, stood on the far side of their bicycles holding the handlebars, which established a protective fence of bicycle between the sexes, and the impression that at any moment the boys were likely to be away.

'I see you had a tough day today,' Jonathan said.
'Want to join us to an adventure into the woods?' Nathan asked. The girls nodded their head meaning that it is a yes and they

agreed upon the date and time. The boys are extremely excited, as it was their first time to adventure together with the girls. As they are hyped up, the boys head to the nearest store to buy things that are needed for any situation in the forest. The girls’ head back home to pack some basic stuff.

That day came and all of them arrived early except for one of the boys who is somehow sick and needs to rest at home. Since they can't do anything about it, they started adventuring. The day was still bright with normal temperature. They would not have to be afraid of getting sunburn because the numerous tree are shielding them from the ultraviolet rays coming from the Sun. They followed a path initially and when they reached a certain distance, there were no more paths.

'Where do we go from here?' Jennifer asked.
'This is where the adventure begin,' Rick said.
'Follow me. I have a good sense of direction,' Rocky replied

confidently.
They head deeper into the woods in a formation. Rocky, the

direction expert, lead at the front. Next in the line is a girl then a boy then a girl and so on. Rick, as the oldest in the group, agreed to be the last in line and watch everyone from the back. Jennifer was not so sure because the boys are known as a careless brat. The boys do things without thinking of any consequences. Every constant distance, she would leave a trace. She brought skittles beforehand and placed it on the ground.

The day turned dark and they decided to camp. That boy who was sick should’ve brought the camping appliances. The boys agreed to take care of all things needed and they did not re-check before going into the woods. They would freeze to death because temperature falls below zero in the deeper parts of the wood. They quickly trace back their way out but Jennifer couldn't find any trace she left on the ground. She asked everyone and happens to know Rick picked it up and ate all of it. They did not return and their disappearance becomes unknown.