Chapter 2

I increased my speed, brushing past the branches and vines of the thick forest.

'Focus y/n. Don't loose sight of him', I thought I a ran at my top speed.

After running, I reached an open field. There was no one in sight. The sun had already risen. I clenched my fist harder.

"He....."

"He got away"

I was devastated, I let my target get away. I sheathed my sword back in its case and sighed. Then c/n landed on my shoulder.

"CAW CAW!! Y/N TOMIOKA!! HEAD TO THE UBUYASHIKI ESTATE AND GIVE YOUR REPORT!! HEAD TO-",

"I get it, I get it. You also don't have to be so loud", I said then it left. I gripped my bleeding abdomen as I squinted in pain.

'I'll make him pay'

*Time skip*

It was a day's journey, but I finally made it to the Ubuyashiki estate. Suddenly, the door opened and I was met with a beautiful white haired lady that had deep purple eyes.

"Hello Tomioka-san. My name is Amane Ubuyashiki. I'm Kagaya's wife. We are expecting you. Please come in", she said to me. Her voice was so calm and charming, like that of an angel. On top of that she was extremely beautiful. In accordance with the introduction, I knelt down and greeted back.

"Good afternoon Amane-san. It's a pleasure to meet you", I stated then she laughed lightly which made me a little bit confused.

"You don't have to kneel. It's okay", she said then I immediately stood up from the ground.

"Come in", she said then she walked into the estate, me following behind  her.

*Time skip☺*

We reached a room in the estate where Oyakata-sama was peacefully waiting for use.

"Ah y/n. It is good to see you", he commented, then I knelt down in front of him.

"It is nice to see that you are in good health Oyakata-sama", I stated.

"Thank you y/n", he complimented.

"I will take my leave now", Amane said beforeleaving the room.

"Come my child. Sit", he said, gesturing to a seat beside him. I slowly stood up then made my way to the seat.

"I am sure that you know why you are here", he began.

"Yes Oyakata-sama, the crow has informed me to give my report on the battle I had with lower moon 2, Rokuro", I replied.

"Okay then, how did it go?", he asked then I narrated the battle between me and the lower moon.

"Ah. I see", he said.

"Thank you for reporting this to me. You may now take your leave. I suggest going to the butterfly estate since my crow has informed me that you are injured. Thank you for your time", he said.

"There is no need to thank me Oyakata-sama. I am simply do not deserve it", I said with utmost respect then I stood up and took my leave.

'You've grown quite a lot since I last saw you y/n. Isn't that right m/n, f/n?'

*Time skip😇*

I arrived at the butterfly estate, only to be met and scolded by the smiling Shinobu.

"Ara ara~~y/n-chan. What trouble have you gotten yourself into this time?", she asked.

"That's a deep cut. I can't let the only person that likes Tomioka-san die can I now?", she said then an irk mark appeared on my head.

"He.............."

"........He is not disliked by people", I stated.

"Ara ara~ You don't even know?! Too bad!", she said then more irk marks appeared on my face, but before I could speak, I felt a sharp pain rush through my body. I grunted in pain as it was the cut on my abdomen.

"Enough chit-chat. Let's get you all fixed up", she said before guiding me to one of her empty patient rooms then I laid down on the futon.

"I'll get Aoi to check on you soon. Don't die while I'm gone", she said then exited the room. Only shortly after did Aoi enter the room then she checked up on you and gave you some medicine.

*Time skip 😀*

"Kocho-san, when can I leave?", I asked Shinobu seeing that I had been held captive by her for two days in the butterfly estate.

"You can leave anytime you want. Just make sure to not go on any missions for your recovery to go faster", she stated then I immediately got up from the futon and headed towards the door.

"Where do you think your going?", she asked me.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm leaving", I said, exiting the room. I began walking to the Water estate, and luckily, it was close to the Butterfly estate.

When I got there, I was scolded by my brother for getting injured at the entrance, but I later entered the estate and plopped down on my bed until my eyes became heavy and I fell asleep.

Word count: 833 words.