CH. 8 THE TITANIC STRUGGLE CH. 1

Start from the beginning

"He said that he attacked us on behalf of someone else, and this someone was keeping him against his will in this prison...", you added.

"Who or what may have done this, could it have been Shadow Gloria?" you started brainstorming.

"Wha- what did I do?" the girl, asked you abruptly.

"Ha, sorry I wasn't referring to you..."

"Calm down, he is not talking about you..." Hop told the girl.

"By Shadow, we are of course referring to the strange entity that took your appearance before.", you explain to her.

"Oh, right... I'm sorry..." Gloria apologized immediately, she had an upset and embarrassed expression on her face, it was as she just remembered that occurrence.

"Anyway staying here and stressing ourselves, is useless if not dangerous," said Aion.

"I still believe the answers, to our questions lie deep in this cave, so let's waste no more time and head down there already." claimed Aion.

"You are right.", you checked the sphere one last time before putting it back in the rucksack, even after agreeing with Aion claims and you resumed your trip, you had doubts and questions in your head, you continued asking yourself what that Shadow "Poliwhirl" meant back then,

"Slumbering Weald... what is the Slumbering Weald..."

Once again as you continue your exploration, you were stopped by Aion,

"I'm sensing another Shadow... get ready..." he warns, everyone minus Gloria, got ready to fight, as you were about to summon Lucario you noticed something strange,

"Wh-what, is this feeling...", you checked the round fruit that normally appeared in your hand, and this time around it was... more oval-like and with a lighter blue color to it.

"What the heck?" you said surprise.

Prison Labor

At the same time the Shadow announced by Aion appeared, he seemed different from the Shadow you encountered previously, this one seemed like a fusion between a fossil and a mantis, it even appeared way more aggressive than those previous ones.

"Toxtricity, use Volt." upon appearing, Aion Pokesoul, strike the Shadow with his usual attack, but this time around it seemed to have little to no effect on them.

"What." Aion flinched in surprise, while the Shadow growled and attacked him.

"KABUTOPS!"

The boy failed to avoid the slash in time, thus being thrown toward the ground painfully.

"Argh"

"AION! WHY YOU!" Hop furious summons his Pokesoul, Sceptile already in the position of attack assaults the offending Shadow with Lufta, but that attack too proves to be ineffective against the Shadow.

"What the..." Hop says with a fearful expression as the Shadow stares at him intensely.

Intimidate by the Shadow glare, Hop started backing off, only to fall on his back, at that moment the Shadow launched his attacks on the helpless Hop,

"HOP!" Gloria shouted in despair, the boy instead closed his eyes fearing the worse.

"POKESOUL!", you jumped in the way between Hop and the Shadows, summoning your Pokesoul, that's when a strange thing occurred... to materialize it wasn't Lucario, but the previously Shadow that you fought, Poliwhirl.

"The hell?" you and your friend exclaimed, surprise and dumbfounded.

Although fearing the worse which Poliwhirl appearance, Poliwhirl seemed to have no ill intention toward you, rather it seemed ready to fight off the far more aggressive Shadows in front of you.