"It's fine Robbie," I said, "I mean we just started talking and weren't officially dating or anything. And I don't know maybe it's his cousin or something." I tried to think of any other explanation than Jackson could have lied to me. I texted him back. 

Me: well, who is the girl in the photo then

Jackson: that's my cousin, Sheryl

Me: oh okay

"See Robert, it is his cousin," I said, glad I was able to prove him wrong,

"Oh, okay," he replied, still sounding angry. I shrugged his attitude off. 

"Oh, are we still on for the beach tomorrow?" I asked, remembering we had planned to go to the Sunshine Coast so Robert could try teaching me how to surf.

"Oh, definitely! I'm not needed at the zoo tomorrow, and mum said it was fine. So just text me when you're up and we can go!" His face lit up, and I could tell it made him happy to change the subject and talk about something else he enjoyed. 

Robert's family walked over. "You ready to go home? Bindi and Chandler need to get Grace in bed, and I have some paperwork to do," Terri said. 

"Yeah mum," he replied, getting off the swing. I stood up and hugged him and his family and said good night to them.

Mum and I went back inside. "Thank you mum, for today. It was nice to have everyone here." I said.

"Of course sweetheart. I'm very proud of you, and your dad would be too," She replied, hugging me again. "You're going to the beach with Robert tomorrow, right?" 

"Yeah, if that's still okay." 

"Of course it is, but I'll be at the zoo by the time you wake up, just let me know when you're leaving, and be safe. I'm going to bed too now, I love you." She planted a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you too mum." I grabbed my gifts from today and went up to my room, setting them on my desk. 

I changed into some pyjama shorts and a tank top and got in bed, texting Jackson. It was only 9 and I would be up for a few more hours.

We texted back and forth, talking about our families and some of our favourite things, sort of playing 21 questions in an effort to get to know each other better. 

Jackson and I had hung out a couple of times at school, and I've seen him around the zoo every so often. He was a year younger than me in school, had a few dogs, a little sister, and said it was his cousin visiting him from Sydney. 

Jackson wasn't bad looking, with dark hair and bright blue eyes. His hair fell over his eyes and he had a surfer look, which I did learn he did love to surf too. He was charming, considering he had dated so many girls. But he was being sweet and giving me compliments or texting me sweet nothings until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning around 10 to Tiger walking on my chest and nuzzling my face with his. He did this most mornings when I slept in late enough. I think he just wanted food. but I treasured these moments of him wanting loving and special time from me.

I sat up in bed, stretching once I did. I grabbed my phone and texted Robert.

Me: hey! I'm up. Give me like 30 mins and I'll be over

Robert: sweet as! See ya then

Me: sweet as :)

Getting out of bed, I went through my bathroom to my closet. I pulled out a white sundress and a tie-dye bikini. I chose a bikini without any straps or anything that ties, it shouldn't come off if a wave knocks me off the surfboard.