Chapter 13 | Gentle

Start from the beginning

"I am sorry maam...I shouldn't have talked to you like that" she looks down and I feel like crying when I see her red cheeks as she is trying her best to not make any eye contact with anyone.

"I- It's okay! Do you want coffee?" I smile at the girl who politely shakes her and I am so close to punch this guy for insulting her infront of everyone he could have taught her disciple in his office room but no—this guy! First I need to teach this guy some manners.

"Go back to work" he still acts like a jerk and the girl quickly rushes away.

"Husband you shouldn't act so rude" he rolls his eyes and walks away so I jog after him cause his legs are long so are his steps.

I open the door and shut it behind "husband! I was talking to you!" I swear I don't know which angel blessed me with so much confidence at that moment that I was shocked on my own bold movements.

I glare at the guy who tongues his inner cheek in annoyance "stop calling me that" he mumbles but it was audible to me.

"What?" I ask confused and he hisses in annoyance as if I was playing with his last nerve "you know what I am talking about" he turns to glare at me...and only If glare could kill—I repeat only if glare could kill, he would have become widow by now. That sounds rhythmic, but mind you that was truthful one!

"Nope! I don't know what your talking about" I pop the 'p' and play with him, feeling a rush of happiness when I see him all annoyed, god this feels hundred times better than annoying my sister.

He rolls his eyes and does not waste anymore saliva on me and sits on his boss like office chair.

"Husband! Don't ignore me" he groans again and I grin against my will not able to keep a straight serious face. I rush towards his table and I quickly pull the arm chair which is in the corner of the room and drag it towards his table. I don't know if the chair is short or I am because I feel like a toddler who wants reach the desk, I press my elbow on the table but tip toe myself so he could look at me.

"you should not insult someone like that in-front of everyone, I don't want anybody bad mouthing about you behind your back"! I pout feeling my heart getting upset at the thought of someone cursing on him.

He raises his eyebrows amused but was quick to Break our eye contact "I don't care...they can talk whatever they want" his words makes me upset but that's what he feel like so I can't do anything but that doesn't mean I can't protest "But I do, so my dear husband for the sake of your dear wife you need to stop getting angry on small thing? Did you get that husband?" I squint my eyes asking him if he understood and he only stares at me.

"Don't you think you're acting all bold now?" His sentence brings me back to reality and I quickly slide into my shy space "I umm" I grin but slide my face down to hide my red cheeks with the help of the desk but an amused chuckle leaves his lips like he is telling me 'seriously? You were just calling me husband in front of everyone and now you are all shy?'

But that's how I am I get way too shy when someone points out about my behaviour and if they play along I am all good but when they point out there I slip to the shy space which has embedded in my blood.

I peek from the desk to see him shaking his head with a smile but he goes back to work to my greatest relief.

I secretly rest my arm on the table before resting my face on it. I close my eyes feeling sleepy all of a sudden, even after drinking a damn coffee!