moving foward

chapter 2.

everyone was cheering once the polo match had begun. every participant was fighting for the ball with their sticks, trying to get it into the goal. the surroundings was very loud, you could probably hear from a mile away,   the festival has a very light and happy mood toward it, everyone laughing and cheering, music playing, dancing all sorts of fun.

you couldn't take your eyes off of the prince of wales, he gave you this neurological feeling in your stomach, you've never felt this way with anyone, well, also because you've never had a proper relationship before. but he's the prince of wales, you're just an ordinary teenage girl, maybe you're just overthinking it. nothing to worry about, continuing on watching the polo match whilst sitting on the grass. the polo ends, all you could hear was clapping and yelling. prince charles won, everyone was cheering him on, congratulating him on the win. all of the sudden all of these people were surrounding me, it felt like i was a flower and all these bees are coming for the pollen. everyone was shouting, i couldn't tell what they were trying to say, it was more overwhelming because i was sitting down and they were all standing up. i didn't understand what was happening but someone handed me this big trophy and explained to me
"hand it over to the prince of wales, since he won." it wasn't heavy, but it was quite big. prince charles was leaning against the fence where they just played polo. i ambled over to the prince making sure i didn't make a fool out of myself. once i was at the same place prince charles was i handed him the trophy and blurted out "congratulations on the win, you did great." with a soft smile.

lost for words, you quickly turn your head around looking the other way to see all of the group who came rushing over to you when sitting down, all staring right back

lost for words, you quickly turn your head around looking the other way to see all of the group who came rushing over to you when sitting down, all staring right back. you say your goodbyes and both go your seperate ways. feeling his stare linger on you as you walked away. you've never felt so sick to the stomach before, thinking to yourself about what you did wrong, you dreaded this feeling even when you've never had it before. you sit down where you were originally to calm down a little bit, you close your eyes and lean your head against the car door, thinking what else could go wrong?

you're here with your sister, sarah, you were six years apart. she was dating prince charles at the time. you both were sitting on the grass leaning your heads against the car door. talking about the future, sarah was talking about how she wanted to get married and have two children, it was assumed she was talking about having a family with prince charles  but it didn't seem like it. so i asked her. "with the prince of wales, right?" "i do hope so, but charles has been acting off ever since he came to our home. i wonder why."

(you begin to have flashbacks)
you were wearing a costume when prince charles drove up to our home, sarah specifically told you not to be seen by him. you tried to follow what she had said but you needed to get to your room and there was only one way to get up. you didn't want to bother him, so you tried your best to hide behind the tall plants placed evenly on each corner of the square patterned tiles. the little glimpses i could see of the prince, he found this very amusing. i found some fun in it too. but i did have to apologise
"sorry, i have to go past, but this is the only way to get upstairs. sarah told me not to be seen by you, and i don't want to get in trouble if she catches me. so it'll mean the world to me if you said nothing about this so her." with a soft smile.
"i won't say a thing."
i trudged up the stairs into my bedroom because i was out of breath from running and trying to dodge getting seen. i stayed in my room until i heard sarah and the prince start talking, and walked outside. you then swiftly tiptoed onto the big window in your room that had a cushioned seat. watching them get on their horses and ride off to who knows where. you wished one day you could experience the same.

(back to having the conversation with sarah)
"hello? hello? diana!" sarah bellowed.

"oh! sorry yes, i was listening. i just had a day dream." you fibbed.

"anything important?" sarah questioned.

"oh no, not really." you said with a smile.

you wish you could've told the truth but it would've caused you two too much trouble and a relationship at risk. you didn't want that, you just wanted your sister to be happy. that's all you could've ever wished for.