𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙑𝙄

Chapter 6.

'Cossette.

Your mother is requesting for you to come home. I dont know what your mother wants, but it's something concerning the Duke's son your engaged to.

Come home soon.

Let's visit your brother when you come.

-Leonard Elinor'

Cossette threw the piece of paper on the floor with a scowl on her face. A maid nearby confiscated of the paper and threw it away. With an awful delight, Cossette sighed in frustration.

Tomorrow was the day Roxanna planned for Cassius to escape, and now she had to go home. Cossette groaned, standing up.

She looked at the maid in the eyes, signaling for her to pack her things. "I wonder how long you'll last this time, mother" Cossette said dryly.

The day was soon to come and Cossette had left the night before the 'attack' Before leaving, she met up with Roxanna, sharing her concern.

"You'll be alone for this one, Roxanna. Can you handle it?" Cossette asked curiously.

"I can handle it, Cossette. Will you be able to handle your mother?"

"Turning the tables, aren't we? Yes, I'll be able to hand my mother. I'll be back in a bit. If Dion comes, dont say anything to him. Tell him, I've gone home and never came back."

Roxanna nodded, and Cossette left. She left the Agriche estate, and headed home.

Upon arriving to her home, the first person she had seen outside the carriage was her father's small and drained smile. His eyes dull, but still had the strength to smile for his only daughter.

The driver opened the door, and escorted Cossette down. She was embraced into a hug by her father, and whispered to him, "I'm home"

He nodded, "You're home" he whispered.

"Cossette!" A loving shriek entered her ears.

Cossette turned her head to meet eyes with her mother, Carlotta. Carlotta speed walked to Cossette in an elegant matter, but still desperate to see her. Upon the sudden meeting, Carlotta examined Cossette's face.

"Did anything happen to you? How's your fiance? When are you two getting married? Have you both intercourse yet?"

The last question was unexpected and unnecessary, as Cossette choked on her saliva, "Mother-" Leonard patted her back and sighed deeply.

Carlotta had her hand in her chest in offense, "What? I just want to know!"

Calming herself down, Cossette sighed as well, "Well, to answer your questions, my fiance is fine. We decided to get married in 2 years, and NO we have not intercourse. AT ALL, mother. Are you satisfied?"

"My words, Cossette. You, you're crazy!"

"?!" Leonard and Cossette's eyes widened in confusion.