Chapter 18: The Rescue

Start from the beginning

"We're going to be in so much trouble when we get back home. We should've just stayed with Timon and Pumbaa," said Nalia.

"That's what I tried to tell them," Nama muttered.

"Well, we're safe now. Let's wait for someone to save us," said Jata.

Meanwhile, in the stampede, Kion was picking up the pace to avoid getting trampled. He knew this was a risky move, and there's a high chance where he could get seriously injured if not careful. He silently prayed to the great kings that the cubs were somewhere in the gorge, sitting on a higher ledge away from the zebras. He also hoped that someone could go to pride rock and help him save the cubs. But right now, the cubs are counting on him to get them. He roared as loud as he could, hoping they could hear him and letting them know that rescue was on the way.

Back with the cubs, they're watching the zebra running below them and keeping an eye out for anyone brave enough to run inside a stampede. While at the top of the gorge, Kovu and the others were looking down the gorge to look for the cubs sitting on a nearby ledge. They looked out for Kion, who was still inside the stampede, attempting to save the cubs himself. They heard roars coming from below the gorge and recognized it was Kion's roar. Kovu roared back to call out for the prince to let him know that help had arrived to assist him.

"Come on! This way!" Kovu called out to the group, leading them towards the roar.

Kion roared again, hoping that the cubs could hear him coming and maybe get the zebra to stop running. To his dismay, the zebras didn't listen to him as their running was louder than his roars. Not giving up, the young prince continued letting out roars as he searched for the cubs. Then, he looked up and saw the cubs on a medium ledge. Aisha looked down and noticed that her uncle Kion was running towards them.

"Guys, look! It's uncle Kion!" Aisha cried out.

"Dad is here to save us!" Azuli yelled.

"Dad! Dad! Help us!" Hodari hollered.

"We're up here, uncle Kion!" Nalia called out.

"I'm coming, cubs! Just hang on!" Kion ran as fast as he could with the cubs' view. He lept in the air and dug his claws into the side of the ledge. He quickly pulled himself up and panted in exhaustion.

"Are you all alright?" asked Kion.

"Yes, dad. We're fine," said Hodari.

"Good. Now, what were you all thinking?! Did you know a gorge is a dangerous place for cubs like you all?" He lectured as all of the cubs bowed their heads down in shame, "What do you all have to say for yourselves?"

"We're sorry, uncle Kion," said Aisha.

"It was my idea of coming here," Chaka spoke up, taking the blame.

Kion eyed his nephew before glaring at him, "Chaka, you do realize that you've put your siblings, cousins, and friends in danger, right?!"

The cub gulped before nodding his head, "Yes,"

"We will stay here until the stampede clears up. Your mothers and fathers are up there with your grandmother and grandfather," he paused before looking at the rest of the cubs who are friends with Aisha and the others, "Your parents will have a long conversation with you seven when we get back to pride rock."

A few minutes later, the stampede had cleared up. Kion helped the cubs climb down the ledge. He was disappointed at them for disobeying their parents, lying to them, and running off. While walking, he planned to have his cubs, Hodari and Azuli, grounded for at least a week for their actions towards them. He has to discuss the matters with Tiifu to confirm their punishment.