one shot ‖ THE END OF SOMETHING

We were just chilling and relaxing in the balcony of our apartment in town. I was reading a book, one of thousands that I read since we moved, and him, JJ, was sitting next to me with the eyes closed, but I knew he wasn't sleeping cause I could hear his breath too soft for a nap.

In those moments I couldn't stop thinking about what we've been through almost five years ago. In those moments, when it was just us, I wondered how and when we grow up. Like how is possible that Jj Maybank and Lea Stuart live in an apartment in town without friends and without any adventures?

I was worried about him, I've always been since five years ago he took me by the hand, looked me in the eye and said: "Let's do it".

Now he was living the life that he's always hated. An ordinary, common, and normal boring life. The firsts years we were both happy of what we built together and we were curious of what the town would have reserved for us, but the magic after a while disappears if the place where you are is not home.

We've lived our happy moments here in town, but now that years have passed it was hard. Now, when he was coming back from work I could see in his big blue eyes frustration and weakness that killed me. I wasn't happy too to stay there but the worst was see him changed and I really wanted to tell him everything but we made the promise not to speak any more of everything we escaped from. I knew it was a stupid promise but we were both too scared. And in that moment I felt ready to tell him how I was missing our past life but I didn't know his reaction and that made me so nervous.

But now my thousand thoughts was so heavy that they've become words without realizing it.

 "I wonder how the pouges are doing now"  I wishpered. I kept looking at the open book I was holding in my hand hoping he didn't hear but he did.

"What? " he asked me keeping his eyes closed.

"Well...I know it's been almost five years now but... I'm just wondering what they're doing, if they're fine and safe" I said.

He wasn't  sayng anything so I continued "are they still there? Or...or did they moved like us? "

­"No. they definitely stay there" he said with a lill laugh and then he continued "at the chateu, you know"

"yeah" I laughed. "I miss them, hanging out, get the hms pouge and..."

"and running away all days and all nights from all those pieces of shit that just wanted to kill us ... yeah i missed those days too­" he said sarcastic and a little bit rude.

" k but that was our life" I responded "and I'm just saying that I'm fucking miss it " i was getting mad.

how could he not miss it? Him, jj maybank, the person known as the trouble maker of the otbx now were saying that he didn't miss all those shits the himself loved before?

" hey Lea I don't wanna fight with you" he looked at me.

"I know, me too but... "

" you want to come back don't you?" he read me, he just read what I was thinking like he always do.

"oh em... no I don't want if you don't want too " I lied.

"is not that" he start to explain "I just... okay listen: I was tired" he was still look at me right in my eyes trying to explain me something "so fucking tired of all that" I saw tears in his eyes and he knew I saw them but he continued "I was tired of my father, I was tired of the cops and I was tired of ..." he stoped.

"what?" I asked.

"nothing" he looked away.

"you were tired of what?"