12

" why did you do that? " the police officer asked.

kairi's just staring out of nowhere while fiddling with her fingers. they are now at the police station's interrogation room.

mitsuya, hakkai and chifuyu were on the other room, watching the session goes on. hakkai's eyes are still red, as well as mitsuya and chifuyu.

chifuyu's hands balled up out of frustration he's feeling because kairi hasn't answered any of the officer's question.

" im asking you again, ms. kurosaki, why did you kill ms. l/n y/n? "

again, only silence was given to the officer. with that, chifuyu left the room. mitsuya and hakkai looked at chifuyu with confusion. when they look back at the two-way mirror, they saw chifuyu standing in front of kairi.

" what is he doing there? " hakkai blurted out. voice too raspy.

mitsuya shrugged his shoulders then heaved a heavy sigh.

they saw the officer leave the interrogation room, leaving kairi with chifuyu after talking.

" kurosaki. " chifuyu called out. kairi looked up at him slowly.

" we're back at the last name basis again, i see. what is it, chifuyu? "

hearing kairi's voice, chifuyu clenched his jaws and balled up his hands into fists.

" dont chifuyu me, kurosaki. why did you do that? " chifuyu asked with anger.

kairi looked at him with lifeless eyes then chuckled.

" do what? " kairi said, acting clueless.

out if anger, chifuyu slammed his fists on the table which made kairi jumped out, so did mitsuya and hakkai and the other officers on the other room.

" why did you kill her? " chifuyu asked sternly.

kairi's face went to a frown, eyes getting teary as she looked at him.

" why did you kill our- my best friend? "

" she stole hakkai from me. "

hearing kairi finally answered, chifuyu's, mitsuya's and hakkai's eyes widened.

" what? what did you say? " chifuyu asked, brows meeting at the middle.

kairi teared up then sobs before answering.

" i saw the article of her and hakkai kissing... " she said, looking down, letting her tears falls.

mitsuya, chifuyu and hakkai waits for kairi to answer with heavy breathing.

" s-she knows how i idolize and love hakkai... she knows how i fangirl over him.... she knows how obssessive i am when it comes to hakkai.... i trusted her..... " kairi said between her sobs.

hakkai stepped back after hearing those sentences which mitsuya noticed.

" y/n...... when i heard that she's friend with hakkai... my blood boils.... up until now... "

" you and your jealousy.. " chifuyu muttered.

kairi sniffs before continuing.

" the day i told you that im already a trainee.... it's a lie.... i.. i just dont want to see y/n... and when the rumor sparks that hakkai is dating someone... my heart beats faster when i see the picture of y/n with hakkai... it became worse when the picture of them kissing blow up.... i hate her... "

with that, chifuyu punched kairi, resulting kairi to meet the ground. still crying, kairi continued to reveal.

" i called two of my friends... i told them to abduct y/n when she arrive at our meeting place..... when they already got her.... we brought her to an abandoned basement and did bad things to her..... " kairi sniffed.