She was better than him, and he hated to admit it. She gave a new and fresh tone around her designs, and around her persona. It was everything he was looking for when he casted out job applications to all over the world. He wanted a new feel about his lingerie, and Averie brought it. But he was only overly rude to her because of that.

He was jealous, and didn't want to be overshadowed by her gorgeous designs because they were better than his—sometimes.

Of course he was already a billionaire, and he already had paparazzi following him around wherever he was spotted. He didn't need any more publicity or money—but she still threatened him with her designs. He wanted to reign with power over the industry, without being overshadowed by a twenty year old who's completely new to this lifestyle.

So Draco acted like an asshole to her, it was the only thing that would have driven her away. He thought that being mean would make her quit long before he actually started to admire her. But it didn't. She was stubborn like him, not letting up. He forced himself to be meaner each interaction until finally—finally she quit. Finally she had quit when he became a vile monster.

But it was unlucky for him that by then he already caught feelings. He liked her. And they were feelings that he didn't think he ever felt, not once.

And Draco couldn't simply ignore it.

The thing was that he tried to, he really did.

She was too magnetic, like a wildfire in broad daylight and he just had to get a taste of more.

Here he was, walking toward the unfamiliar building in hopes that Averie would be here. Of course she probably would be—unless she got another job or walked out in the past few months. But he knew that she'd been working personally with Julia Haart, so she wasn't going anywhere.

Draco had his sunglasses up, a common thing he did when walking out in public. If he was recognized in the slightest there would be a crowd of paparazzi swarming him—something he absolutely despised. His sleek suit clung to his body, shielding his skin from the crisp air. He decided on walking to the building this morning. Usually he had his limo waiting for him outside of his apartment, but he liked taking walks to help calm himself. He definitely needed that for today.

Draco was passing by the strip of stands located a few blocks from La Perlas office when something caught his eye. Something that he realized after the fact was such a cliché—especially for him, yet he couldn't seem to help it.

The white roses had caught his eye from the small flower stand to his left. He did a double take, wondering if he should waste his time here or get to La Perla earlier. But it wasn't a waste of time when it came to her, nothing was.

Not if it made her happy in the slightest.

And so he walked quickly to the stand before anyone else could block his way, and ordered a bouquet of the finest pearly roses.

Draco wasn't even sure if she liked this type of  flowers, but he got them anyways. To show that even if he wasn't always right—he was still putting out his best effort.

Just as he was ready to pay, the old woman behind the counter offered him a small red box of chocolates, telling him it was a bundle. Immediately he was ready to deny them and say he didn't need it, but then her face popped into his head. Her face when she gets flustered or surprised by something unexpectedly pleasant. He had the honor to say he made her feel that way a handful of times.

And so he took the chocolates and stuffed them into his suit pocket, not knowing if he was going to give them or not.

"Wait...You're Draco Malfoy!"