Chapter 2

Recap:

"Wait! What are you doing?!" I cried hysterically as we approached the chasm.

He didn't answer me. Instead, he jumped right into the deep, dark cliff. I shrieked my vocal chords off as I felt my stomach traveling up to my chest. My other internal organs weren't far behind.

Crazy Hot Dude looked at me with gentle and surprisingly calm eyes. He said, "You will remember, Victoria. You will..."

Then everything went black.

****

"...That's not the princess, Alric..."

Everything was still pitch black but I could hear muffled voices around me. Unfamiliar voices. Where was I?

I opened my eyes a little bit. I was staring up at a fancy canopy. I let my sight drift down and searched for the owners of the voices. A blonde man was standing in front of the bed. He looked quite young but his rigid stance and Victorian style suit gave him a look of sophistication. Actually he was really handsome. And that's my opinion with my eyes still half closed.

"But she has the necklace," a hiss drew my attention. Woo. He was a looker, too. Except he had long black hair and... waitaminute...He's the guy who kidnapped me! I shivered slightly as I recalled the memory.

"I know that but that's not her. We saw it with our own eyes, Alric. She's... gone," he hesitated at the last part. What the hell were they talking about? I tried to listen some more but Blondie turned his head just in time to see me blink.

"She's awake."

Dammit. I shut my eyes tight.

I heard shuffling of steps before I felt the bed dip. "How are you feeling?" a gentle voice asked.

I still pretended that I was asleep, trying not to make any visible movements whatsoever. Who knows what they'll do to me once they figure out I'd been eavesdropping?

I heard an amused chuckle. "You're not breathing."

I opened my eyes and took a huge gulp of air. I didn't even know I was holding my breath.

When I looked up again, I found myself staring at a gorgeous pair of dark green eyes. I could've stared at them forever but the rational side of my brain finally won me over. I scurried away from Crazy Hot Guy.

"Stay away from me," I stuttered.

"Calm down," he said gently as he edged towards me. I edged backwards in turn.

"I'm serious. Stay away from m--" I let out a yelp of shock when my butt come in contact with the floor.

Both men rushed to me. "Are you alright?" Blondie asked. He touched the side of my arms to help me up.

"Don't touch me!" I slapped his hands away. My hands gripped the candelabra that fell with me and pointed it at them. "Where the hell am I? Who are you? Why'd you kidnap me?"

Crazy Hot Guy was the one who answered. "Victoria, please. It's not good for you to move around like that and --"

"I'm not Victoria! It's Leah! And I'm pretty sure we already had this conversation before," I said, annoyed.

"Alright then, Lady Leah," Blondie cut in. "We apologize for startling you. I am Ian and this is Prince Alric. We are at your service." He bowed his head slightly then offered his hand.

I eyed it suspiciously. "I'd rather you step away from me."

The two men looked at each other worriedly. Blondie sighed and took a step back. He nudged Hot Kidnapper on the arm to do the same. He reluctantly obeyed but never took his eyes off me.