A Mark on My Soul

Journal Entry No.12
Day 49

Another day of surviving the torture in this place I call home. I can't remember when I actually lived like a normal person. Shopping, eating, going out, things I couldn't do. The only thing I was able to eat was the food given to me, which was only some bread and a glass of water. It's not enough, I know but it's all I've got for surviving this hell hole. I really hope I get out of here, it's starting to become more unbearable than before. I could care less on who saves me, whether it be pirates or bounty hunters, I'd rather take my chances with them.

You finished writing the short paragraph and closed the small book you had. You don't recall ever receiving this book, only knowing to write in it. You placed it under your makeshift bed out of sight from your captors that were coming any minute now. As if on que, the familiar sound of their footsteps approached the room you occupied. The metal door opened with a creak and there stood the Skakoan with his arms behind his back. Two battle droids entered the room and forced you to stand up. You struggled in their grip for a slight moment before your captor walked and stopped in front of you. You made sure he could see the glare on your face before he turned around and walked out.

"Move it, prisoner!" One of the droids said and shoved you towards the door.

"Okay, I'm moving!" You nearly yelled and walked out of the room.

You kept your distance yet followed the Skakoan in front of you. Every few days there would be a new way for you to endure pain. Despite all the methods used on you before, you were deathly afraid of needles and you hoped none were used for this upcoming experiment. But, as always, there was a syringe every time you were taken to be experimented on and you couldn't do anything except sit there.

You followed your captor into a lab and the droid forced you to sit down on the table in the middle of the room. You stayed silent and glared at the droid that brought you here. The Skakoan then picked up a vile of strange purple liquid. He picked up an empty syringe and inserted it in the vile, filling it in the process. He removed the syringe from the vile and walked towards you. He stopped in front of you and you didn't look up at him. Unexpectedly, the injected you with the liquid and you winced in pain. He pulled back when all the liquid was gone then place the syringe back on the tray. After five minutes, nothing happened and the Skakoan sighed before turning around.

"Take her back to her cell." They commanded the droid.

The droid went to grab your arm but you backed away and transformed into a loth cat then hissed, folding your ears down. The Skakoan looked at you with surprise and you hissed at him as well. You suddenly ran past them and out the door, rushing down the hallway.

"Don't let her get away!" Your captor yelled.

A few droids in the hallway started to blast you but you managed to dodge all of their attacks. Not completely aware of your surroundings, a droideka rolled in front of you which caused you to stop. You went to go the other way but multiple droids were blocking the way. You didn't make any attempt to try to escape and became scared, curling yourself into a ball. Then the Skakoan came into view as he walked over to you and picked you up by the scruff of your neck. You tried to scratch at him as he walked in the direction of your cell. Without warning, he roughly threw you into your cell and you whimpered in pain as you watched him leave and close the door. You transformed back into your normal self and stayed on the ground, letting a few tears fall. You used what little energy you had left and dragged yourself to the mattress you called a bed. You pulled the thin cloth for a blanket over you and tried to gain some warmth.

'Why did it have to be me?' You thought.

Exhaustion overtook you and you fell asleep, waiting for a new day.
__________________________________________________

Sorry if this first chapter seems a little short but I'll try to make them longer as I progress throughout the story

I hope you enjoyed :)