Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I made my way to my locker before the first bell rang. The halls were now bustling with students as they made their way to their classes and friends.

I heard a door slam and looked up from putting the extra supplies in my locker only to see Ali coming out of Elliot's classroom. I glared at her across the hallway. "Huh, I thought it was too early for you Al," I said once she had reached me.

"It is," She replied. "But I had to ask Elliot about some history stuff for the test."

I burst out laughing. "Since when do you ever go see a teacher for help?" I gasped in mock horror. "Or are you turning into one of those zombies that get all googly-eyed over Elliot?"

Ali slapped my arm playfully, though she clearly didn't find this as funny as I did. "No, Kelly," She said rolling her eyes. "Believe me, it wasn't my first choice. If you would have answered your phone last night I wouldn't have had to come in. So thanks for nothing."

"I'm sorry you wait until twelve o'clock on a Sunday night to ask for my help." I rolled my eyes and began putting some of my books away. Ali shrugged and spun the combination on the locker a few down from mine. She pulled it open and checked her reflection in the mirror on the inside.

"Hey, Al?" I said. She poked her head around the open door of her locker. "Uh huh?"

I had been about to tell her about my run in with Austin earlier, but thought better of it. She would only blow it out of proportion.

"Um, where's Tucker?" I asked, saying the first thing that came to mind. "Don't you two usually go to first period together?"

"He's staying home sick today," She replied. I knew where this was going.

"So let me guess. The final bell rings and you'll be out of school as quick as possible to bring Tucker his homework assignments and chicken soup like you usually do when he's sick, right?"

"Actually, you're wrong." She said surprising me. "I don't want to catch the bug he has. Vomitting doesn't work for me." I couldn't help but laugh. If there was one person who could pull off being sick, it would be Ali. I swear that girl could make anything look in style.

Ali fixed her hair in the mirror one last time before slamming the locker shut. "Incoming," Ali warned as she leaned back against the lockers, folding her arms across her chest. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Gina Hastings walking my way. I groaned.

"Kelly! Oh my gosh great work with all of the spirit. The school just looks so festive! Wonderful, wonderful job!"

"See you in history!" Ali shouted already halfway down the hallway, taking Gina's presence as her cue to leave. Traitor.

"Thanks Gina," I said half-heartedly, turning back to my locker.

"But," She said slowly and I sighed. With Gina there were always buts. "I was thinking we could add more to the plans for the pep rally. You know, really drum up some school spirit this time. We could add the dance team along with the cheerleaders and-"

"Why don't you get started then?" I said slamming my locker door shut. I turned to face Gina whose eyes were wide with surprise.

"Y-your going to let me do it?"

"Sure, Gina, knock yourself out." I bit my tongue to keep from adding 'literally' to the end of that sentence.

I had never liked Gina, but my dislike for her grew ever since Tyler left. She was a constant reminder of him. It didn't help that she was gunning after the presidency postion for next year's election; she kissed my ass every second she got. I always gave her a hard time because all I had to do was hear her name in order to be reminded of Tyler, and I wanted her to suffer for it. It was cruel, I know, but it made me feel a little better.