A train ride

"No need, I am ready to go." Wu Xi said as soon as he came into the room again, with his backpack. Good thing he didn't wait any longer.

Together they went picking up Panzis stuff. Only for him to hustle Wu Xi to the train station, of all things. Weren't they in a hurry to reach Changsha? But Panzi should know what he is doing, so Wu Xi decided to just follow for now and ask questions later. He could tell when Panzi was stressed about something, and right now he was definitely stressed. Bombarding him with questions wouldn't help.

Panzi seemed to look up a few things on his phone before he whisked them both onto a train. A nighttrain? Of all the possible trains, Wu Xi asked himself, why did he choose the slowest possible option? Even taking a car to Changsha would be faster.

Wu Xi still decided to wait a bit until he asked him. He had rarely seen Panzi look so nervous like he was right now. He hadn't even been sweating like this while dealing with a zombie inside a tomb. Possibly, were these still the effects of his last injury? Maybe he still hadn't recovered enough and was forcing himself because of uncle three.

Wu Xi knew they had been best buddies for years, and he could understand that he would go through hell and back to help his friend, but -one wouldn't be much help if one died in the process of helping right. If he was still in a bad shape, it would be better for him to recuperate for a bit.

Though, Wu Xi snorted, he was one to talk. He wasn't even out of hospital for a week now and was on the road again. The mended bones were still itching from time to time and he had lost much his strength and endurance. After all with most of his body covered in bandages, how could he even had an opportunity to leave his hospital bed, without help.

Strength and endurance wise it would be like his first time in a tomb all over again, maybe even worse. Yes, Wu Xi already anticipated his uncle running off into a wherever tomb again. Probably at least as strange and dangerous as the underwater tomb.

While sitting here and waiting for the train to finally move, he had to much time to think about possible scenarios for his uncle to send this message to him. Normally he would try to keep Wu Xi away from everything.

What had happened most likely was a, please call-in backup when I don't message you until this point in time. Like it pretty much also had been last time.

Wu Xi would enter the tomb, hopefully survive without severe injuries and still didn't find him during this ordeal. Wu Xi already knew his family had a tendency to disappear on him. Bu he seriously preferred if he could skip the laying in hospital part this time around.

Then the train finally started moving. Giving the signal that Wu Xi would finally talk to Panzi, instead of wallowing in his own thoughts.

"Are you joking with me? Because if we are so urgently expected why not fly why use a sleeping train?"

With a plane they would have been there in about two hours like this it would take them half a day.

"Don't be impatient young master. You'll know soon enough."

With Panzi keeping an eye on our surroundings, staying vigilant, he was definitely nervous. It was good that it wasn't his injuries bothering him.

Even with Panzis odd behavior, Wu Xi didn't feel much pressure. Like there was something, but it was still really far away. It was probably just Panzis weird behavior that agitated him. So Wu Xi, tried to relax into his seat.

With the slow pace of the train, he could also have looked outside the window for a while, seeing the city passing by. It didn't interest him at all, so he opted for closing his eyes for a bit, it just felt right.