"Huh. But, how come you're not a Jedi?"

Omega shrugged. "I guess they were busy with the war."

"Maybe," Cal murmured.

"Megs!" an urgent voice echoed through the wreckage.

Omega's face lit up with happiness. "Boba! Bo, I'm down here!"

The whirring of a jetpack deafened Cal as Omega's companion jetted down to the pair of them. To Cal's surprise, it was a Mandalorian. His armour was well used and its green colour was peeling off. How had Omega managed to obtain a relentless warrior as a friend?

"Bo!" Omega attempted to run towards Boba, but her injuries prevented her from moving any faster than a hobble. Sensing her discomfort, the warrior walked over and picked her up in his arms. Omega rested her forehead against his helmet.

"Don't ever scare me like that again," Boba warned, his voice filled with relief.

"I won't on purpose. The Scrappers would've killed Caleb." Omega protested.

"Either way, you frightened all of us. I swear Hunter was going to jump after you if I hadn't volunteered to go. Although, if I hadn't..."

In response, Omega hit him in the arm.

Boba chuckled. "I was joking, calm down," he finally noticed Cal standing aside. "Who's he?"

"Cal," he answered.

"Okay. Bye."

"No, wait! Do you want to come with us?" Omega offered.

Shocked, Cal didn't say anything. People weren't normally nice to him without wanting something for themselves, but Omega didn't seem the type.

"My friend Caleb Dume was a Padawan too. Would you like to see another survivor?"

"Did you say Caleb Dume?" Delight flowed through Cal as he remembered the young brown-haired Padawan. They'd shared stories of training with their masters and battles against masses of droids. Caleb was stubborn, loyal and snarky, his quick retorts often amusing Cal. He wasn't the only survivor!

A broad smile spread across Omega's face. "He's on the Cruiser with my father and brothers."

Ecstatic, Cal scooped up BD, balanced him on his shoulder and dashed over to Boba, who moaned loudly at the prospect of carrying two kids. He lifted Omega onto his shoulders, awkwardly placed Cal on his hip and shot upwards. BD held on for dear life and Omega's boot was in his face, but the view of Bracca from above was worth it. Boba expertly manoeuvred inside a narrow tear in the Crusier's side, dropped Cal and gently lifted Omega off his shoulders.

"Omega!" a man wearing red and black armour slid onto his knees and enveloped the young girl in a warm embrace. "You're gonna have to stop scaring me like that, do you have any idea how worried I was?"

"I know Dad. I'm sorry. I just didn't want the Scrappers to kill Caleb and he was a sitting target holding me."

Sighing deeply, Omega's father pressed his forehead to hers, a sign of silent affection. "You have the heart of a Jedi ad'ika."

An icy fist closed around Cal's heart as he recognised the man's voice. He was a clone. Hearing the voice that ordered him and Master Tapal to be killed froze Cal's blood, but seeing a clone be so gentle and loving caught him off guard. He'd also never heard of any clone having a relationship, never mind a child. Who was Omega's mother? Was she a Jedi?

Omega's father, who Cal assumed was Hunter, locked eyes with him. Hunter stood up, allowing Cal to see his face properly. Half of it was covered in a black skull tattoo and his hair was far longer than the standard buzz cut in the GAR, swept out of his face by a blood-red bandana. However, his eyes held some form of kindness and concern for Cal.

Despite that, Cal instinctively reached for his master's lightsaber and ignited it, the blue blade illuminating the destroyed corridor. Hunter instantly pushed Omega out of range and held his hands up in surrender. Alarmed, BD beeped and jumped into the ground behind his feet.

"Cal don't!" Omega begged. Out of the corner of his eye, Cal saw her being restrained by Boba. "Please!"

Hunter began to speak calmly, although Cal could sense his fear for Omega. "Kid, listen to me. I- "

"No! Your kind killed my master, and I had to watch! They would've gotten me had he not sacrificed himself for me!" Cal shouted, unleashing his pain and trauma from the experience, letting it overwhelm him, fuel for the fire of anger that burned inside him.

"I'm sorry kid," Hunter spoke, sounding genuine. "I truly am. But killing me won't bring your master back, it'll just cause more pain."

Irritatingly, his words affected Cal, but he refused to let it show.

"Kestis?" a wonderfully familiar voice whispered.

Keeping his lightsaber aimed at Hunter, Cal glanced down the hall and saw his old friend, Caleb Dume, running towards them, his own blue blade ignited. Caleb pitted himself between Cal and Hunter, his electric blue eyes blazing with emotion. For a moment, Cal faltered at seeing his fellow Padawan. He looked no different than he had the last time they'd been together, messy brown hair and chestnut robes.

"Cal, drop it!" Caleb ordered.

"How can you defend him? Didn't clones kill Master Billaba?" Cal accused, knowing immediately he'd crossed a line as Caleb's face twitched.

"Yes, they did," Caleb's strong voice cracked with grief. "But Hunter and the Bad Batch never killed any Jedi, I can promise you that. They saved me, gave me a home and a new family. Besides, you really don't want them as your enemies."

"They are my enemies." Cal snarled.

"Do you honestly want to leave Omega without a father?" Cal asked. "What did she do to deserve that?"

Hesitating, Cal looked at Omega. Her cheeks had rivulets of tears streaming down them and the spark of hope in her eyes was extinguished, replaced by the fear of seeing her father die.

The fire in his stomach was doused and Cal stepped away from Hunter, sheathing his lightsaber. Realising what he almost did, Cal collapsed onto his knees.

Unexpectedly, Hunter sat in front of him and placed his hands on Cal's shoulders reassuringly.

Cal couldn't bring himself to look him in the eye. "I'm sorry, I..."

"It's alright, you were just scared," Hunter gave him a small smile. "No-one got hurt, that's what matters."

Sniffing, Cal nodded slightly. BD-1 climbed onto his lap and Cal held his little companion, his guilt slowly ebbing away.

"Omega, you're okay!" Caleb shrieked in delight.

Hunter moved aside and the two of them saw Caleb and Omega hugging tightly.

"I thought you were dead!" Caleb choked back a sob.

"I'm okay. Cal saved me." Omega explained.

"Thanks Cal," Caleb grinned at his fellow survivor.

"Thank you," Hunter whispered, his hand on Cal's shoulder radiating comfort throughout his body.

Cal gave him a small smile. "Hunter, who's Omega's mother?"

"Omega doesn't have a mother. She's a clone, like us, but genetically different."

"I can tell!" Cal joked.

Hunter chuckled. "Omega always felt like more than a sister to me and, luckily, she somehow thought I was a good enough father."

"You two definitely have a strong bond." Cal agreed.

"Omega, Caleb, Hunter!" another clone ran up the hallway, wearing white armour. "Wolffe's awake!"

*Author Note*

Hey guys, hope this chapter was satisfactory. I know it's been a while since I updated but I've just been adjusting being back at school. Anyway, I hope that Fallen Order fans are happy with Cal and that I portrayed him right! The next chapter will be out in a couple of weeks. Also, when Reunion is finished, I've decided I'm going to do a Star Wars what if book, so if any of you have any storylines you'd like to see in that then feel free to let me know down in the comments. May the Force be with you!