Newt- "The hell is your problem?" pt. 5

Start from the beginning

"Guess the coffee didn't take an effect on me.." She nervously chuckled and scratched the back of her head.

"Y-You're probably right." Newt hummed, avoiding each other's gaze while the three guys stood between the flustered two. They couldn't help but be amused.

Thomas helplessly scoffed at them, "Yeah, right." He mumbled teasingly. "Now, come on. Vince needs us all there."

The awkward moment was cut short when they were reminded of what was the agenda for today. The two's faces faltered into a frown, slightly dreading for this moment to come.

****

All, except for the children, gathered up in the main hall of their home with Vince being up in the center along with his fully trusted and respected team leaders. Since Y/N was one of them, she took a seat next to Sonya and kept a deadpanned look.

Unfortunately for her, the seat she took was near the culprit herself. Freya's wrists as well as her ankles were tied together with rope, pleading with her eyes to forgive her for what she had done to Newt. Even though she knew damn well Y/N wasn't going to let her slide.

The meeting was just the same as it was back when the Glade existed; keepers gather around to decide about what they're about to do about a case while the rest of them were an audience.

Chatters were cut short once Vince had spoken up. "All right," he began loud and clear, turning to the comrades close to his spot, "What do you guys think we should do with her?" He nodded off his head to Freya.

Brenda came forward and began her suggestion. "With all of us being aware that sexual harassment is an unforgivable act, I believe rapists like her don't deserve to live." She stated, "I suggest an execution." This caused overlapping arguments around the audience. Some agreed with her and some don't. Most rebuttals were because of nepotism. Because other people are close to Freya, Brenda's opinion was viewed unacceptable to them.

"You're being unreasonable!"

"What she did isn't worth it for execution!"

Chorus replies were able to make it to through Y/N's ear. However, those protests got out of her other ear as she was deep in thought.

Newt on the other hand, didn't know if execution would be the best case scenario. Yes, he was furious of what happened to him, but he couldn't bring himself to think about killing the cruel person.

Soon enough, the crowd's roars of protests and agreements calmed down when suddenly, "Okay, what about we just forget this ever happened?" One of the keepers, who is a close friend of the perpetrator, gave out an offer that made Newt dart his eyes at the person.

The older boy started wondering if Freya's friend would still stand by their word if they experience being victims of assault. "What a nice idea, that is." He told the culprit's friend in a sarcastic manner, evidently despising the idea of just letting things slide.

It was obvious that the close friend didn't think about their response before they could let it out. "Well, to be frank, you could've just said no that time."

All turned to Y/N as she suddenly laughed dryly after staying quiet the whole time. "'Just say no' they said," she repeated their words. "'Let things go' they said." Slowly, she turned to Freya's comrade, leaving them to suffer from her intimidating look. "What if someone in this room decides to do the same thing to you? Sure, you refused, but what if they pushed you into doing what they want with you by means of physical and emotional abuse? Will you still be able to say no?" 

The person couldn't beg to differ Y/N's statement any longer. They started thinking that maybe she was right after realising that they have not experienced that type of encounter. "That's what I thought." Y/N replied to the friend's speechlessness.