30 - (Un) Happy

Zacznij od początku

They walked back into the kitchen, Adriano now wearing a shirt making her feel much better. He offered coffee, Teresa accepting due to being awoken early and needing the much needed energy. Nina also asked for a cup saying her flight was long and crowded.

That only made Teresa wonder why Luciano didn't pick her up with his jet. She could have very well gotten lost or something.

She was surprised in general that he allowed her, more so invited her, personally, to stay with her for a bit. Even after he said no. Teresa thought Luciano was mad at her, or was unaffected. She was grateful and happy for what he did though. This time she didn't have to get angry for him to do something.

Instead, he was the one to get angry and yet he still made her happy. When she was the cause of his unhappiness.

Teresa and Adriano sat down on the stools while Nina stood in front of them, her hand on the counter, staring between them two while they all simultaneously took a sip of their coffee.

"So!" Ninia engaged, making Teresa sigh.

"How is he treating you?" She questioned and In her mind, Teresa said good, not thinking of Adriano, but Luciano.

Because so far since she came back, he has treated her well. Even though he banned her from the room, he made up for it with the dog. He's been much more affectionate than usual, they've been together physically and emotionally. And for once, he did open up, but she didn't realize she dismissed it.

Luciano did treat her good, it was her that treated him bad.

She heard her name being called, pulling her out of her thoughts. "Ask him" She smiled and got up, walking into her room. Grabbing her phone, she tapped it, biting her lip indecisive. Annoyed with her procrastinating, she clicked his name and held it up to her ear, hearing it ring. And not two seconds later, it was sent to voicemail, only meaning...

He declined it.

So once again, she tried and the same thing happened causing her to huff. Rolling her eyes, she walked back into the kitchen only hearing Nina's voice. Adriano had his hand on his face, his chin in his palm, his elbow supporting his stance, his 'Annoyed of her talking' stance.

"What are you guys talking about?" She questioned, wanting to save Adriano even though she left him there.

Just like she thought, she was being nosey. She had questions about Luciano, not realizing she had already met him. She said he had a deep voice and compared Adriano's voice as well. She was asking about when he moved in, supposedly, when they started dating and why did he take her away from Atlanta. All questions, he easily manipulated by flipping the subject and asking questions about herself, which she had no problem answering because that's all she likes to do.

Even Teresa began imitating the same posture as Adriano. Usually she would engage all the time, enjoy that Nina talked a lot, but being in Italy, she didn't have anyone who talked that much. Most of the time it was peaceful, quiet and even with Luciano it wasn't hype, they had good conversations and it wasn't long answers and over talking. She just got used to it. In a way, she was becoming less of herself.

"Teresa has a Maserati" Adriano suddenly said, cutting Nina off on the topic of herself, and she did stop talking, but her mouth dropped. "That was yours?!" Teresa nudged Adriano, disliking that he did say that. It only took the light off the both of them and put it just on her. He grabbed the keys off the counter, holding them up and Nina snatched them.

"Let's go!" She hollered, already downstairs.

With a huff, Teresa stood up, glaring at Adriano causing him to chuckle. "I had to. I apologize honestly, but people like that vex me." He held her face in his hands, his thumbs on her cheeks and briefly pecked her lips and she pulled him back down for a longer one, hearing the smack from their abandonment.