𝟎𝟎𝟓: 𝐓𝐚𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐤𝐢

Start from the beginning

"Aw, you didn't let him have any more last words," you turn and Mikey was awake, your heads closer than ever. You jump and move a little further, "How much of that did you hear?" You stuttered. Mikey laughs and sits up a bit, the blanket now on his lap, "While Mr. Taiyaki was talking to you," he answers. You turn red, he heard you call him cute then.

Taking another bite you shift your head avoiding eye contact, "I was just joking around..." You say, trying to hide from him. You looked to the side and he was smirking. He knows you meant it.

Mikey looks over at the TV the movie still playing, he then looks at you, who was visibly bored. "I only picked this movie because I thought girls liked romance movies," he said, getting your attention, "I wanted to pick the action one." You were right earlier then.

"You wanna watch that instead? I've already seen this movie before," you say pointing at the other DVDs. "What's this movie even about?" He asked.

You think about what you've watched of it so far before speaking."Popular guy gets dared to date this quiet girl, blah blah blah, I've seen this movie a hundred times..." You say bored. Mikey looks at the TV curiously, "Who dares people to date? I would dare my friends to eat poop off the sidewalk," he said. You giggle a little bit but realize he's probably not joking.

"Because she's an 'outcast' for being too serious and mysterious," you reply, air-quoting the word outcast with your hands. Mikey still had a confused look on his face. "There's no way high school guys wouldn't dare something gross tho," he continues to question the dare part of the plot.

"Well, this high school guy is clearly arrogant," you reply, "The girl also seems pretty bland to me." Mikey laughs at your comment, you didn't know why he thought it was funny, you were serious. He watches the movie a bit, "She's kind of like you," he says.

I'm gonna punch him.

You glare at him, "Elaborate on that," you say, purposefully sounding intimidating. Mikey points at the TV and looks at you, "Look, she's reading! That's almost more boring than your hobby," he says, laughing in between his words. Crossing your arms together, you talk back to the boy, "Don't act like you don't read things."

"I like reading things with pictures," the blonde replies. You looked at him with one eyebrow raised, "What are you, 5?" Now he looked offended by your comment. Mikey began to cross his arms, you could tell he was mocking you. "I read mature manga with fighting and stuff, no 5-year-old reads those!" He protests, making you laugh at the fact he sounds even more like a child. You covered your mouth while laughing at him, he still had his arms crossed.

Suddenly, he pulls your wrist down from your mouth. While you were still laughing, he stared at you, you calmed down a bit and looked back at him. Mikey smiled, "I wanna see you smile more like that, so don't hide it."

You felt your face getting hot. He was just teasing you a while ago and now he wants to say things like that? He giggles at your reaction, "I'd like to see you make that face more too!" You glare at him, still blushing, "I'll make an extra effort to not be affected by your stupid words then," you protest.

He laughed and joked about how harsh you are. You were lying if you didn't think his laugh was adorable, contagious even, making you chuckle a bit. You got up to go to the DVD selection and picked up an action movie. "Let's just continue this movie, you already went pretty far," Mikey says as you look back at him.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Going back to sit beside him, you look at the blonde curiously, "Where was this energy at the cafe?" You asked. Mikey looks at you blankly before speaking, "I guess I just wanted to be alone with you."

With how nonchalantly he said that, it sounded like it didn't mean much. But for you, it made you have an unfamiliar feeling. Is this what it means to have butterflies in your stomach? Trying to think of something to distract you from this odd feeling, you reply to him.

"Wanted to be alone with me or the taiyaki?" You joked, causing him to chuckle.

"Hey, you're the one who was talking to the taiyaki!" Mikey teased.

"You were asleep, who else was I supposed to talk to!" You reply in defence.

After the embarrassment and awkwardness from earlier today, it felt like it didn't even exist with how comfortable you felt with him. You two were teasing each other like elementary school kids.

Finally calming down from the play-bullying and laughing, you faced your attention on the TV, the movie was close to finishing. While you were focused on that, Mikey was looking at you.

Chapter five, end.