𝟎𝟎𝟑: 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

The blonde's eyes glint, "You think I'm cool?" he says, smiling like an idiot. You were about to say something when you heard Mikey yell. Both of your heads turn to them. Takemichi seems scared.

"There's no flag!"

You and Takemichi look at the scene in disbelief. Mikey was complaining he didn't have a flag on his kids meal. KIDS MEAL. Draken gets a flag out of his shirt and tops it on the meal. "This is really Toman's commander?" You say sipping your drink. Takemichi turns at you, covering his giggling with his hand trying to hide it.

"Yeah, and your date."

You nearly spit your drink, almost forgetting about the double date. Takemichi was trying hard not to be loud while laughing. The supposed guy you like is just a tall 4-year-old. You can't and don't want to imagine how he is on a date. Your eyes twitch thinking about it, "Takemichi, shut up," you say in embarrassment. Wiping off his tears from laughter, Takemichi looks at you sort of confused, "What made you like him anyway?"

Finally, someone asked me. "I don't," you say with no emotion, giving the blonde more confusion. You explained to him that you panicked talking to Hina after knowing about Draken's death. He laughed at you again. At this point, you were annoyed with the new friend you have, it felt nice to talk to someone about your ability but... It had to be him. How is he 26? He's definitely 14 right now.

"You can shut up now, Takemichi," you say, looking at him with your fist out. He went quiet.

Suddenly, you hear Draken yell, making the two of you shift your gaze assuming they were fighting. But no, Mikey was sleeping after he finished his meal. He really is a tall toddler. Draken carries him on his back and walks out of the restaurant. You and Takemichi walk out a little after, following them.

It led you two to a hospital. Creeping in a little, you catch some of their conversations.

"That's Pah's buddy's girlfriend."

You and Takemichi hear shouting from an old man who was approaching the two you were watching. The old man yelled about them showing up and vented about his daughter. You couldn't believe a fight had to involve innocent people's families. Watching this scene play out felt worse than seeing a vision of someone's future. Either way, you felt helpless.

After the couple left, Draken speaks, his head still bowing as well as Mikey's. "We can't let innocent people get dragged into this. We can't make their friends and family cry."

He's so kind. Draken and Mikey's conversation continues. Draken must be the one who keeps Mikey in line. No wonder Toman changes in the future after his death. You're sure Takemichi is thinking the same thing.

The both of you watch as the two walk out of the hospital. "What do you think could've caused his death?" Takemichi asks after a long silence.

"Someone definitely brought a weapon," you said, your body shaking a little. A part of you wants to help but another part wants to run. You know how risky it is to get involved with gangs, especially after what you saw in the hospital. You looked at Takemichi and continued, "He was bleeding really badly on the ground, no way a couple of punches could cause all of that."

The both of you finally walk out, Takemichi seems to be deep in thought after the information you gave him. You guys hid and peeked as you got closer to Draken and Mikey. You saw someone with silver hair and an earring roll up on a bike. Draken and the guy talked about a meeting place and Mikey got on the bike with him.

You both left a little after Draken did and continued to talk about the conflict. Takemichi explains that he's helping a detective, Hina's little brother, Naoto, investigate Toman from the future. You listened to him, he even talked about Hina and his friend Akkun. Then he name-dropped someone named "Kisaki Tetta." His situation seems worse than yours. If he messes up here, the future will be affected.

Takemichi suddenly gasps, you look at him worried, anticipating something serious involving the situation.

"I forgot to ask Mikey about the double date!" He says. You wanted to forget about it after seeing what he's like. Hina still has the impression that you like Mikey and there was no turning back after you continued to go along with it. Takemichi turns to you quickly, "We have to find Mikey."

You take a step back from him due to his closeness. "Why are you in such a rush? That date can happen anytime," you ask the boy, he looked panicked.

"I promised Hina I'd ask him," he replies, "And uh... I kinda just wanna go out before all this serious stuff happens..." He admits shyly, scratching the back of his head.

Takemichi grabs you by the wrist and runs in the opposite direction from where you two were walking. You let go of his grip and continue to run with him. He and Hina were just like each other, not taking no for an answer.

So far, this fake crush of yours is not giving a good impression on you.

Chapter three, end

Chapter three, end.