Chapter 3: Spying

Ellie's P.O.V

I knew it! Ever since Jamie met Lottie they have both been acting strange whenever they were around each other. It was only a matter of time before they realized this themselves. 

'But don't you wish that the pumpkin princess was your girlfriend?' a tiny voice in my head said.

No. I shook my head, trying to get rid of that thought.

No, I told myself. I wasn't going to be a jealous brat. I will be happy for my friends. I will be happy...

Lottie's P.O.V

What was I supposed to say? Was Jamie expecting me to tell him that yes, I liked him too? I blushed at that thought. 

I looked up and caught Jamie's eyes. They were a brilliant dark hazel and when I leaned in I could smell the wonderful smell of cinnamon. He leaned forward too. 

Ellie's P.O.V

Were they going to kiss? My heart panged at that thought. Was I jealous? Did I have a crush on  Lottie?

No. If I did have a crush on Lottie, well, I'll have to crush that crush feeling. 

Jamie's P.O.V

We were really close now and I could smell Lottie's scent of roses. I could see the tiny flecks of white in Lottie's eyes, which were surrounded by blue. We were both leaning in, closer and closer. Were we really going to kiss? 

We couldn't kiss. That would mean that we were a 'thing'. And, even though I would have really wanted to be have a 'thing' with Lottie, we wouldn't be allowed. 

I was about to pull away when Ellie came bursting in from nowhere.

Lottie and I sprang apart. 

"There you guys are," Ellie said. But there was something off with her voice. She was...scared, I realized. 

I mentally kicked myself for not noticing her. My partizan training had failed me. 

Lottie looked at me and it seems as though she could tell what I was thinking. 

"So," Ellie said innocently, "What have you guys been doing?" She smirked as she said this. Did I mention that Ellie was the Queen of Mood Changes and Princess of Spying? 

Lottie and I were well and truly busted.