CHAPTER - 57

Mulai dari awal

"Uh, yeah, I am," I react as I fiddle with my nuptial chain. "Kinda nervous."

"You shouldn't be." She explains. "As far as I remember you were too bold at the Christmas party when I first saw you."

I think I would have turned red if I remembered all of it but my nervousness just multiples for unknown reasons.

"Don't tell Neil but I did watch you guys kissing on the dance floor that day." She laughs and I smile to myself.

"I won't," I respond. "But I hope you won't watch us tonight?" I say jokingly.

"Not at all." She shrieks. "That was a party and this isn't. Privacy assured."

"Okay." I laugh out. "Thank you again for helping me."

"Oh, anything for my mum's beloved pair." She says jokingly and we laugh.

As I disconnect the call Neil sends me a message asking me to come down quickly. I exhale to calm my nerves before I grab my clutch from the dressing table and head out.

"Are you going somewhere, Mumma?" Niam looks up at me as I walk into the living room.

I purse my lips when Navya and Niam look at me curiously pausing their game.

"Yeah." I nod and before they could ask me where the doorbell rings.

"Can I answer it?" Navya tosses her remote controller aside as she gets up excitedly. She runs to the door as soon as I nod, I know it's Zar and Myra.

"You look beautiful." Niam smiles at me, I smile at him feeling delighted.

"Thank you." I admire my baby boy as I reach out to kiss his cheek.

"Mumma we have Aunt Zar and Myra..." Navya bounces as she walks into the living room. "And where is my kiss?" She frowns keeping her hands on her hips.

"It's here." I laugh as I kiss her cheeks and she reaches up to kiss me.

"Why do you smell so good?" She sniffs, I let out a chuckle as I stand up.

"That's because..." Zar rounds up and sits beside her. "Your papa loves this smell."

I roll my eyes as Zar laughs out loud. I look over my shoulder as Myra talks with Niam.

Niam spends a lot of time with Myra than Zar because Myra says him some stories and he is a good listener. While Navya and Zar bond up too well because both are damn talkative.

There is this childish side of all of us that comes out around kids.

Myra will settle with her life one day but I am not sure about Zar. I get the point not everyone needs a soulmate but everyone does need a person whom we can call ours.

I walk out of the flat after letting Niam and Navya know we will go out together the next weekend.

I am walking to the elevator and stop when Neil comes out of it.

"Why are you here?" I frown at him.

"You are late Mrs. Khanna. I have been waiting for you." He narrows his eyes at me. "It's 6:03."

"So what are you gonna do about it?" I cross my arms as I arch an eyebrow at him.

"Just let it slide." He shrugs. "Hoping the wait would be worth it."

I laugh as he beams. "But seriously you look beautiful. The dress reminds me of our first Christmas together."

"I know." I look down at my dress. "Black wasn't available."