[1]

third person- 

        she paced up and down the hallway, biting at her nails nervously. she was waiting for audrey's friends, as they had only gotten there about ten minutes ago, to leave. 

"is she in there?" somebody said loudly to a scrub nurse, pointing to the door eliza was pacing in front of. "where the fuck is audrey chapmin?"

eliza's head shot up to find a male, with tears running down his cheeks and shaggy blonde hair matted down. he was biting his pink lip, trying to rush the nurse who was on a computer. "s-she's in here." eliza stuttered, pointing to the door next to her.

the blonde rushed over to her. "audrey chapmin, correct?" he asked her, she nodded.

"but her friends a-are in the-re." she wrapped her arms around herself. "who are you?"

"i-i'm ashton.. i think i was the cause of her accident."

eliza clarke stopped breathing, looking passed the distraught boy. "you.. you caused this.."

he didn't say anything, just looked down at her. he had finally stopped crying, but his eyes were still red and his cheeks were blotchy. "i'm sorry."

"you fucking did this to her!" she said loudly, pushing at his chest angrily. "you did that! its your fucking fault! that's my best friend in there! and you almost fucking killed her. how could you?" she continued to push at the strangers chest. "how do you live with yourself?" she said with disgust.

"okay. i get it, you're upset." he sighed, rubbing at his forehead. "and-"

"you do not understand! she's been my best friend.. more of a sister to me since we were five! you don't understand. and you never will. i hate you. i hate you so much." her voice decreased as she spoke, turning bitter.

"look, i'm sorry. i didn't know that handing him a can would cause him to loose his capability to drive! i didn't mean it, i swear. i feel so fucking bad."

"you should. you really fucking should. if she dies, its all on you."

"you know what, i already feel bad enough as it is, and i don't need a little girl like you to make me feel worse." he snapped, grabbing her wrists to keep her from punching him.

"you don't even-"

"code blue! patients crashing, get a crash cart!" a doctor ran into audrey's room, yelling stuff that the two didn't understand.

elisa pushed ashton away from her and pushed open the door, widening her eyes as the doctor struck audrey's chest with electricity. 

all of audrey's other friends had fled the room to give space, but elisa stayed in there. she watched as they shocked her a couple of times and incubated her. nothing worked.

"you can't be in here, elisa." a nurse grabbed el's arm.

"time of death, twenty three hundred."

elisa broke down right there, crying hysterically and telling them to keep trying, that her best friend couldn't be dead. "no, she can't be dead! fix her!"

"mam, i'm so sorry. but you need to leave."

a sudden pair of arms wrapped around elisa's waist and carried her out of the room kicking and yelling. "put me down!" she shouted to the person.

"put me the fuck down! this is not okay! fix her, fucking fix her!" she screamed, trying to squirm out of the persons grasp.

"elisa, stop." the person murmured into her shoulder, setting her feet down on the ground but not letting her go. "it's okay, shh." he coo'd.