Chapter 10 | Upset

Start from the beginning

After what looks 10 minutes the car comes to an halt and my heart too. My eye balls rolling up to look at the big building which reaches the sky.

"Wow" The glass building which is infront of my eyes looks so big and beautiful that I want to run and take a look and come but my heart drops when the old man speaks "This is Sir's building you can get down maam. I don't know in which floor he is but you can ask the receptionist" This-This building is his.

No wonder why dad chose him to marry his daughter after rejecting so many proposal.

Damn Zaina you really are unlucky.

"I-Are you sure this is his building-I mean" I clear my dry throat still not believing that he owns this big freaking building.

"Yes Maam I am sure" okay... I open the door of this luxuries car which did not give me that nausea feeling the other car's I drive in gives.

"Thankyou" I mumble a thank you before closing the door behind me. I feel so small standing in-front of this big class building—wow I can gawk my eyes all day at this beautiful creature.

I hold my hands together in the front while fisting the lunch bag tightly in hold. What if I get lost in this big building, the thought of getting lost is scaring. I don't even have my phone with me, my rude father in law smashed my phone into pieces, remember?

"Bismillah" I take deep breath, in the name of Allah I take a step and I walk towards this big giant glass door.

There are many people's walking from here to there while talking with there partners, some with pile of files in there hand, some with a cup of coffee as they talk with their friends, some is indulged in there phone that I mentally warn myself to look forward with eye open and walk. Don't want that bumping scene in my life with a stranger.

There are both male and female in this office, and I think there equal number of male and female working here. Because I see group of boys in there shirt and pant in one corner and on the other corner group of girls with professional dresses some are wearing hijabs like me and some high pony's, this looks same like those english movie office but non are wearing skirts all pants and shirts and some professional type dresses. I like their dressing code.

When I spot a desk where it is written Reception. I walk towards the women who is having a serious look on her face as she is typing something in her laptop.

I wet my lips before speaking "excuse me?" I call out with a polite smile but I guess she has hearing problem or maybe to invested in her work that she did not hear my voice.

I am already nervous as if I came to give an interview and this women is making it worse by ignoring—I can only portray her as ignoring cause when ever someone stands near you, a sense in your mind warns you that someone is near you and I guess that sense is not working for her.

"Excuse me Maam??" I speak a little more louder and thats when she raises her eyes up to look at me, so I quickly pass her smile "yes?" She keeps her professional look on but with a soft smile but that smile drops when her eyes shifts from my face to my hands which is holding the lunch.

Confusion fills in me not knowing as to why she made an annoyed expression, is she hungry? Awe she must be hungry, I so want to hand this lunch to her but I can't so I keep my thoughts to myself.