Chapter 1

Chapter 1

This is a story about a 15-year-old boy named Nolan. He had a very big backyard with a forest in the back. One day he was playing video games when his mom said I am going to be gone for the day and I won't be back until tomorrow in the afternoon. Nolan said okay and went back to playing his video game. After a little bit, he got hungry so he went to the kitchen and started making himself a ham and cheese sandwich. After he was done he heard a loud noise coming from his backyard!

"Hello?" "Mom is that you?"  

Nolan peaked out the window and saw a man standing in his forest he got so scared that he screamed and ran to his bed!

He starts hearing the door and does not open the door.

Like before he says hello but no one answers.

I just want to know who you are he asks the unknown man.

I don't wanna be hurt please leave me alone he says to the man.

Then Nolan does not hear the noise anymore he starts slowly going down the stairs back to check if the man is still mysteriously there still.

He checks and the man is nowhere to be seen.

He says thank god he is not there anymore in his head I must lock all the doors and go sleep until mom comes!

He goes and locks every single window and door in his whole house and runs upstairs to go to bed.

He goes to bed but hears another noise.

it was just the birds chirping.

He says to himself.

Nolan everything is gonna be okay I just should take a deep breath and go to sleep and forget that happened and never tell mom!

So he goes to sleep.

The next morning he wakes up still very protective if the man is still there or not.

He takes so food and goes upstairs again.

he eats his breakfast in his room then calls his mom.

ring ring ring ring has the phone ringing. 

Nolan could feel the vibration of the phone in his palm making him all weird in a way.

His mom happily picked up the phone and said hello.

"Mom is that you. yes, it's me, Nolan what do you need. I was just gonna ask what time are you coming home. I should be home in less than 2 hours. okay, mom sees you then."

Nolan was so happy that his mom was coming back that soon!

I should tell my friend about that man.

RING RING RING

"Jacob what's up. noting just watching TV.  You won't believe what happened to me."

What happened to you Jacob says to Nolan very loudly. 

Nolan says I heard noises from the backyard and went to see it and it was a man standing in my forest but I could not see his face.

WHAT?!? said Jacob very loud.

"Nolan got to go my mom is coming. okay bye, Jacob."

Now that his friend Jacob knew about his situation he was all set to go.

ding dong ding dong Nolan heard.

That must be my mom!

He opened the door and it was his mom Nolan shouted yes very loudly!