Extremis Solution

Todoroki and Yaoyorozu made their way to an information center in the compound. There were people bustling about trying to secure and/or delete stuff. Everyone froze when Todoroki stepped his right foot forward and covered everything in ice. He set Yaoyorozu down, and they made their way to several computers. One showed how the process of taking Extremis was done, another plans to kidnap the President using an Iron Patriot suit (they both rolled their eyes at the name), and a third a manifest for a ship called the Roxxon Norco. Yaoyorozu found an address that led to an almost completely blacked out name with the initials ESH being the only things showing. It didn't take that much editing with the file to reveal the name: Extremis Supply Housing. The address was to a storage facility several miles away from where the Norco was allegedly docked. Todoroki and Yaoyorozu unplugged all of the information towers and decided to call Tony about it. Then they remembered their phones were destroyed back when they were attacked by Killian's helicopters. One of the frozen goons was conveniently holding his phone when he was frozen. Todoroki grabbed it from his hand.

"Don't mind us," he said, "just need to borrow this for a few seconds."

He dialed Tony's number. After ringing for a couple of seconds, Todoroki told Tony what was going on with Extremis and the warehouse it was in. They were given the task to destroy it while he and Rhodes, who was captured and taken prisoner for his suit of armor, would attempt to rescue the president. Todoroki handed the guy back his phone and told him that he and the rest of the compound's non-Extremis guards would unfreeze after the police arrived. Before Yaoyorozu could ask what he meant, he picked her up and slammed his right foot into the ground, coating the entire compound in a thick layer of ice, trapping all of the ordinary guards They both began making their way out.

"Sho-Todoroki," Yaoyorozu said, "cou-could you put me down?"

"Oh," he said, "sorry."

He set her down, and they walked out together. Yaoyorozu created a GPS and saw they were a long way from the warehouse. Then, both of their stomachs growled. They saw one of the fallen guards that Tony had taken care of on their way in. They rummaged through his wallet and put it back. Even if he wasn't living, they still wouldn't steal from him. Todoroki put his left hand in his pocket and felt something like two pieces of paper. One was a piece of paper, and the other was a 50 dollar bill.

Sorry I crashed your " not-a-date" last night, the note read, odds are, we're going to part ways after dealing with the Mandarin, so use this 50 to take her someplace casual. And for the love of God, next time you decide to kiss ala Lady and the Tramp, actually use spaghetti.

-Stark

Todoroki regretted reading it aloud. Both his and Yaoyorozu's faces were red in embarrassment. They turned away from each other and knew there was a conversation that needed to be had. It wasn't the right place, and with time running out, it certainly wasn't the right time, but they were forced into it.

"A-about last night," Yaoyorozu said, "I don't know what was going on with me, I was just very hungry, and when we both took the last fry and looked at each other, I just got lost in your wonderful eyes--"

Her face turned crimson. Almost to the shade of her hero costume. She buried her hands in her face, wanting to cry. What Todoroki said prevented her from doing so.

"Don't feel embarrassed," he said, "I honestly got entranced in your beauty."

She peeked out at him. His face was so red his scar hid completely. They both needed to say something else, or this would be a potential killer for their friendship.

"Yaoyorozu," Todoroki said, "If I can be honest, I think I started falling hard for you around the time we started this mission. You're brilliant. You're smart. And... you're the most beautiful girl in our class in my eyes. If I were to face my end against those Extremis enhanced people, I would want to do it with you. The person I cherish most of our class."