Chapter 2: Fear.

I began unfolding the mysterious piece of clothing and suddenly quiet, but hurried footsteps began to approach. It was my maid.

"So did you finally find out, madam?"

"Find out about...?" I stopped walking and stared at the maid. The maid sighed and her emerald eyes widened.

"Madam... you're getting married."

My mouth automatically widened and I dropped the piece of clothing. My trembling hands fell to my sides and I could feel tears beginning to form. I can't get married.... I still have a love to fulfil.

There's this one guy at the coffee shop I go to every once in a while. He's always sitting in the corner doing something, and yet he looks so perfect. We have talked a few times after I accidentally spilt some coffee on him.

I never got his name but he has the most perfect body figure. Broad shoulders, tall and slim, and he has eyes which could camouflage with the sky. And his smile... it's to die for. Whenever he smiles, my heart skips a beat and butterflies fill up in my stomach.

The maid sighed deeply and knelt down to pick up the wedding dress, which I now assume it is.

"Madam, you can't get this dirty. It's a white dress, for crying out loud."

"I don't care. I'm not getting married."

The maid got up in frustration and gave me a stern look.

"Look, if you don't follow orders, I'll be the one to get blamed."

My maid, Cosette, was my personal servant/maid for a few years now. She had been loyal to me during those years and she was the one who I could speak to if I had problems with anything.

"Cosette... please, I'm begging you! Please tell Father that I cannot do this."

Cosette threw the dress over her shoulder and took both hands and began pushing me towards the bathroom.

"H-Hey! Cosette... please don't do this to me..."
I let out a sob but it didn't stop her. As we reached the bathroom, she closed the door behind her and turned to me. She took the dress from her shoulder and smiled.

"This dress will absolutely suit you! Oh! The groom and you will make the perfect couple! Congratulations, madam! "

She forced a hug onto me and I pushed her away silently. She gave me a worried look, and I turned to the mirror.

" If you want me to put on that dress, hurry up then."

Cosette squealed in delight and she began to undress me.
"Close your eyes, I want to make it a surprise. "
Sounds of zippers and the tightening of my waist was a continuous cycle for twenty minutes.
"How long left? I'm beginning to get impatient."
Cosette sighed happily and said, "You can open your eyes now."

I slowly opened my eyes and as my eyes got used to the dim lighting, I looked at myself in the mirror. I was speechless. It was a white princess wedding dress which defined my upper body with the sweetheart neckline. The bottom bit of the dress was ruffled and gave the illusion of feathers and was lined with lace. Cosette's head popped up from behind and smiled sweetly.

" Do you like it, madam?"

I nodded slowly and began to smile. I turned around slowly and Cosette bent down to pick up a shoe box. She opened it up and I leaned in to take a closer look. It was white two inched stilettos which matched my dress perfectly. Cosette took them out of the box and placed them on the polished tiled floor in front of me. I stepped into them and I felt like Cinderella.

" The groom is pretty tall so you need to step up a bit," chuckled Cosette. Cosette tied my hair up into a loose bun and attached the long veil to it. Cosette walked me to the rose garden where everyone was waiting. The garden was sprinkled with white decorations and I scanned the garden for the groom. Cosette walked to my father and whispered something in his ear. Cosette walked away and my father walked up to me slyly.

" Sorry for the late notice, Amber. But hey, you look beautiful. Mother would be proud." He bent down and whispered in my ear. " I heard that the groom is pretty rich so that's why I'm doing this to you."

I ignored him and my face began to burn with fury. A volcano of anger was about to erupt inside of me but I tried to keep it down. Father looked at his Rolex watch and looked around. He nodded at someone and walked away. Cosette came out from behind and pulled me inside and closed the two big wooden doors behind her.

"The wedding is about to begin, sweetie. Good luck!"

She handed me a small bouquet of flowers which contained pink and white roses which smelled very relaxing and fragrant. A couple of other maids walked to the back of me to pick up my long wedding dress. I could hear the host talking loudly behind the doors and butterflies began to fly around in my stomach. My palms became sweaty and I tucked the piece of hair which was falling down around my right ear.

The doors opened and a ray of light streamed down onto me.

Sorry for the delay of this chapter. I hope you enjoyed reading the first two chapters. I promise that I will continue to upload chapters soon.

Lots of love, DarkNaps xoxo