In pictures: Death of Prince Philip announced
In tribute to the duke, Westminster Abbey began tolling its tenor bell once every 60 seconds at 18:00 BST. It rang out 99 times to honour each year of his life.

Earlier, the flag at Buckingham Palace was lowered to half-mast and a notice was posted on the gates to mark the duke's death.

People placed floral tributes outside the palace, while hundreds visited Windsor Castle to pay their respects.

👑
April 17, 2021

It was a chilly spring afternoon when the family and I arrived for the funeral at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.

For many of us, it would be the first time we see harry since he left the country, and after that awful interview, he did with Oprah.

I knew it would be hard for William and Arthur to face him.

I was seven months pregnant now, and I didn't need any more stress. Arthur and I lived at Windsor Castle with the Queen before Philip's death and continued to do so after his death as we did not want her to be alone, so it's been a tough few days for us as we were one of the last people to see Philip alive and knew his true thoughts about his final days.

Catherine and I stood next to each other as we ignored the cameras and watched Philip's coffin being carried by the Grenadier Guardsmen from the inner hall of Windsor Castle onto a green Land Rover, waiting outside.

The coffin was draped with the duke's standard, with flowers chosen by the Queen and the duke's Admiral of the Fleet Naval Cap and sword, pointing forwards.

As the military band in the castle grounds played the national anthem, the Queen made her way from the Sovereign's Entrance of the castle to the State Bentley.

The eight-minute procession then began, led by Charles and Anne, followed by Andrew, Edward, William, Harry, Arthur, Peter, and Tim, with the State Bentley following behind.

Before the coffin entered St George's Chapel, a minute's silence was held - both in the castle and around the country.

And then, step by step, Royal Marines took the coffin into the chapel, followed by the family - all of us, by now, wearing black masks.

As the coffin was carried into the chapel, illuminated by shafts of light from the stained glass windows, the choir sang, and the Dean of Windsor began the service.

At 15.42, the coffin was lowered into the Royal Vault. And then, as the Queen stood alone, the choir sang the national anthem. Two minutes later, the funeral finished, and we left the chapel.

The duke was in his resting place.

👑
May 19, 2021

Liked by ancasterroyal and 740,285 otherstheroyalfamily 👶 Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are very pleased to announce that they are expecting a baby in autumn of this year

theroyalfamily 👶 Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are very pleased to announce that they are expecting a baby in autumn of this year.

The Queen has been informed and both families are delighted with the news.

📸 The couple are pictured on their wedding day in July 2020.
View all 6,804 comments

👑
June 10, 2021

9,700,000 likes

9,700,000 likes

ancasterroyal Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Ancaster are overjoyed to announce the birth of their son.

Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Ancaster was safely delivered of a son at 1102hrs.

The baby weighs 8lbs 8oz and the Duke of Ancaster was present for the birth. Her Royal Highness and her son are both doing well.

The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, and both members of the families have been informed and are delighted with the news.

View all 134,890 comments

👑
June 14, 2021

11,648,546 likes

11,648,546 likes

ancasterroyal The Duke and Duchess of Ancaster are delighted to announce that they have named their son Octavius William Edward Felix.

The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Octavius of Ancaster.

View all 119,977 comments

👑
October 10, 2021

Wikipedia Updated

Prince Arthur, Duke of Ancaster, KCVO, ADC, KT, PC (Arthur George John Edward; born 5 May 1986; St Mary's Hospital, London, England) is a member of the British royal family. As the youngest son of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales, he is ninth in the line of succession to the British throne.

Sinderella, Duchess of Ancaster (Sinderella Victoria Gisele Blackwood; born in New York City, United States born on June 13, 1990) is an American member of the British Royal Family. She is the wife of Prince Arthur, Duke of Ancaster. She is the chairwoman of a high-end department store, B&M, philanthropist, socialite, and heiress born to Philip Blackwood and Gisele Mendes.

Prince Philip of Ancaster (Philip David Frederick John; born 21 April 2018) is a member of the British royal family. He is the eldest child of Prince Arthur, Duke of Ancaster, and Sinderella, Duchess of Ancaster, and is tenth in the line of succession to the British throne.

Princess Theresa of Ancaster (Theresa Nina Elizabeth Frances; born 21 April 2018) is a member of the British royal family. She is the second child and only daughter of Prince Arthur, Duke of Ancaster, and Sinderella, Duchess of Ancaster. She is the twin sister of Prince Philip. She is eleventh in the line of succession to the British throne.

Prince Octavius of Ancaster (Octavius William Edward Felix; born 10 June 2021) is a member of the British royal family. He is the third and youngest child and second son of Prince Arthur, Duke of Ancaster, and Sinderella, Duchess of Ancaster. He is twelfth in the line of succession to the British throne.

The End.