Part 1 - its really happening

My name is Aera, my mum says it means love in korean. I moved to Los Angeles at the age of 5, all the way from South Korea. My parents made sure I would be bilingual and tried their very best to make sure I would fit in.

Growing up, I was always obsessed with dance and makeup, this stuck with me my whole life; especially in highschool. Once I graduated, I had no idea who or what I wanted to be in life, so I took a gap year. I hoped this would help me discover who I wanted to be.

I was quite obsessed with social media, me and my friend group. I posted on tiktok almost everyday, yet all I ever got was 5-20 likes if I'm lucky and most were my friends. The videos I posted included transition trends and alot of dance videos or just mucking around with my friends.

But tonight, I was heading to a party! there was about 3 hours until the party and I had decided to start getting ready. Firstly I showered, then it was time for makeup; it was my friend Chelsea's birthday party so me and my other friend chloe decided to go all out.

I did my makeup like this:

I had a hard time choosing what outfit, it was between two dresses; but however I chose:

Before I had left, I decided to make a tiktok; I actually ended up making a few but only posted one

Before I had left, I decided to make a tiktok; I actually ended up making a few but only posted one. This was a transition video, the one that went like, "evil empire laughing all the way to the bank". Once I had posted this, my friend Chloe texted me saying she was outside, I quickly grabbed my bag and left the house.

it was only a 10 minute drive before we arrived at Chelsea's house for the party!

"hey bitch" I said to Chelsea's while hugging her

"I got you a little something" I handed her the present I had bought her the week before, a simple ring that she'd been wanting for a while.

"omg Aera it's amazing thank you" Chelsea said with a smile, she then put it on and led me through to the house and right to the alcohol.

I was getting smashed tonight, I haven't drunk in over 6 months and tonight was the perfect opportunity. I was already down 10 drinks when we decided to play never have I ever.

"never have I ever....gone skinny dipping" Chloe asked the group

I took a sip of my drink and so did everybody around me.

"My turn" I said very drunkenly stumbling around as I stood up

"never have I ever....."

and that's the last thing I remember of this night.

Thankfully, I woke up in Chelsea's bed, right beside her. I found my phone still in my pocket and decided to check the time. It was 11am; I then went on to check all my notifications and finally went on to tiktok as I was bored but didn't want to wake up Chloe or Chelsea who were both in the room with me.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD" I screamed at the top of my lungs. This had awoken both of them.

"what the hell Aera, I'm trynna sleep here" said Chelsea

"LOOK" I said, shoving my phone into her face

"OH MY FUCKING GOD" Chelsea screamed now fully awakening Chloe

"what's wrong?" Chloe asked

Chelsea took my phone from my hands and proceeded to shove it into Chloe's face.

"look" Chelsea said.

"what the actual hell" Chloe said mesmerised

I had just woken up to the best news of my entire life. My tiktok video had blown up, a lot. it had over a million views and had racked up over 100k likes. I had gained about 30k followers, I was in disbelief. I decided to look at who had liked it and to add to my disbelief. guess what I saw...

@azngami liked your video

and to make it a whole lot better

@olivermoy liked your video

and on the top of that

@sebastianmoy liked your video

These were my tiktok crushes since day one! I was jumping up and down around the room

"SHOULD I DM THEM OMG OMG WHAT SHOULD I DO" I said frantically

"I DONT KNOW, DO IT" Chloe said

I ran to instagram and dmed Ryan, I honestly regretted it the moment I did it because it felt embarrassing but I left a message in Ryans dms saying:

'hi, your hot'

I showed my friends

"NO AERA THATS SO WEIRD" Chelsea said

"I PANICKED!!" I said chewing at my finger nails nervously

but it was too late, he had already seen it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for a slow start but I truly want to make this the best fan fic possible and did not want to rush into it. Writing the second part as we speak, hole you enjoy!!